• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Remote Proctored Exam IT cockup.

PearsonVue couldn't get the online exam authorisation to work on my laptop (3 times). Each time took 30-45 minutes, and by the time my suggestion to use another laptop was accepted, the time for the Exam expired and was no longer able to begin, or reschedule.

Another hour on hold waiting for PearsonVue to answer the phone and I have to "wait until at least Monday" so that they can re-authorise it...

End of the day, the aggravation and half-day billing lost.

Namaste, breathe deep.
    I've had trouble with them. I was in the middle of an exam and the proctor kept butting in to say they couldn't see me, etc. They put the exam clock on hold while we troubleshooted though and I did end up moving away from my desktop PC to the laptop.

Comment

Remote Proctored Exam IT cockup
      Thought you meant a GP examination with a little USB camera. I was getting proctored mixed up with proctology.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Thought you meant a GP examination with a little USB camera. I was getting proctored mixed up with proctology.

well he was definitely arsed about!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I bet that's where these remote GP apps will eventually lead!

Comment

Front bedroom springs duly cleaned.

Or at least the springs I could reach without moving piles of magazines.

It must be said that "they" (namely Philips) built vcrs like battleships back in the 70s.

Feck me, they weight a ton.

Not like the last of the VHS vcrs that you could pick up with one hand.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The rain that hadn't been forecast arrived. Seems to have stopped again now though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I bet that's where these remote GP apps will eventually lead!

when miniature pill cams cost £20 I should imagine.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, orange segments (unblue) and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Timeless S1 E15 "Public Enemy Number 1", being the tale of our heroes going back to 1931 Chicago to hook up with Eliot Ness.

BBC4: The beauty of diagrams: the Pioneer Plaque.

Sewermen on Paramount at 21:00.

BBC4: Chasing the moon: Apollo 8.

Comment

A glimmer of sunshine!

I hope the powers that be will be fining the sun for appearing unmasked in public

Comment

Just picked some almost ripe gooseberries, as in they're turning colour from green to red, some having achieved the dark red that approaches black.

Just a few, which are now in the process of stewing in the microwave ready for tea tomorrow.

The yellow ones are approaching the stage of being really dark yellow which means they have rather more in the way of sweetness.

And whilst I was picking the gooseberries, it was picking with the occasional drop of rain onto me.

The trees are looking really healthy this year, unafflicted with gooseberry mildew.

Maybe it's because I pruned them and cleared all the brambles and other stuff away last autumn.

Judging by the brambles, ash sapplings, and other stuff, I'll have repeat the exercise this autumn.

Well there's feck all else to do, so it keeps me busy once the cleaning of the springs is over for another year.

Unlike xogg, I splat stuff that flies about in here.

Especially what looks like clothes moths.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 June 2020, 17:53.

Comment

Working...
                      X