• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Managed to reduce the number of open browser windows on here to ten. Probably no more than seventy or so actual pages open if I were to count the tabs

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Probably because he was innocent. Sounds like he was fitted up a treat.

Which is why I a not a great fan of the death penalty until we can do beyond any doubt.

Problem nowadays is everyone is presented like that regardless of guilt.
      His principle problem was being black and in South Carolina.

80 days from arrest to execution following a 2 hour trial.

The chair really is barbaric, much as one might expect from the Septics.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Managed to reduce the number of open browser windows on here to ten. Probably no more than seventy or so actual pages open if I were to count the tabs
        This thing is so underpowered & underrammed that more than 4 runs it out of memory and it pages like fury when swapping tabs.

Now watching Sapphire & Steel.

It's a haunted railway station this time.

I'm struggling to remember why I thought it was quite good 40 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I'm struggling to remember why I thought it was quite good 40 years ago.
          Probably because of Joanna Lumley

No telly to speak of here, but a further chunk of Bomber read

There's been showers now and again, but they've stopped at the moment. Shame; I quite like hearing the pattering of the rain as I drift off to sleep.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
            A bit of dampness overnight, but back to blue skies now

TFIF, etc.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - Fish and Chips

Weather - dull, wet, 9 degrees
              Married

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                No trundling today. I seem to have slipped into availing of the Tuesday collection lately.

I forgot to trundle garden waste yesterday. 2 week wait now, although I might throw some on the compost heap and maybe burn some.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

White sky with blue patches.

Colder.

18.9 degrees today in here, as against 24 earlier in the week.

Apparently it's Friday again, which explains why the smalls are about to leave the tender care of the WM & meet the TD.

<hiatus>

Smalls in the TD, shirts in the WM.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 June 2020, 08:15.

Comment

New ISP cutover this morning....

Sky to Vodafone - so far so good, though the range of the Voda-Router doesn't seem great...Ah well, after yesterday's PearsonVue debacle I shall take deep breaths and accept that I have "First-World Problems".
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning denizens

A bit sunny from time to time in the east

This seems to be a temporary aberration though; there are traces of overnight rain, it's only 9°C out, quite windy, and there's a huge bank of ominous-looking cloud occupying much of the sky to the north and west. Rain due later, and it'll be very windy this afternoon even if there is a bit of token sunshine, it seems

Comment

Working...
                      X