• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Blimey I didn't know BR14 annoyed you that much!

Not as much as Brillo's mates.

BR14 is easy to deal with, just need a shovel of manure.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mug of tea, 3 digestives (not chocolate) and a slice of chocolate cake

Weather update - very changeable, at the moment, blue sky sunny 14 degrees

<hiatus of 1 minute> after dunking digestive in tea, found out they are a bit hard and stale !!!!
      Last edited by AndyGarbs; 5 June 2020, 14:56.
      Married

Comment

The rain forecast for 4pm that was subsequently unforecast has arrived. More than a mere moistening of the ground, too.

Now watching Horizon: What's the matter with Tony Slattery? All about his quest to find out what flavour(s) of mental illness he has that led to him withdrawing from a promising comedy career.

Comment

Blue skies here now, and a gentle breeze.

Almost time for Friday Fizz.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Not as much as Brillo's mates.

BR14 is easy to deal with, just need a shovel of manure.

ah that explains why he comes up smelling of roses
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Spent the afternoon fitting more castors to a computer trolley thing that has two monitors & two pcs on it.

I think I've wasted my time, but removed a satisfying amount of filth and dust in the process.

'Tis pissing down now, so my walk got walked at the right time.

Grey grey grey.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

^^^ That's once I've summoned the energy to make it, of course.

Entertainment: Timeless S1 E16 "The Red Scare" wherein our heroes hop to 1954 and meet Senator Joseph McCarthy, amongst others.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just submitted my first pull request in a couple of months to the Canadian project, now this year's budget has been approved. More importantly, also submitted my first invoice to them in a couple of months

Comment

Another good thing about the lock down, apart from not having to visit relatives, was having an excuse not to do boring things like decorating, on grounds you couldn't get the paint etc. Now Homebase is open again, I'm having to get on with it, darn it!

Been preparing walls, carefully avoiding the little cellar spider over the window. If mankind was generally as loony about little animals as me, we'd still be in the stone age.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Laziness overcame my desire to move so my walk has not been walked.

The rain went, the sun came out, the sun disappeared, the rain came back. Current conditions are dry and reasonably bright.

After seeing the state Mr Slattery is currently in, I watched the latest Have I Got A Bit More News For You. Rather entertaining.

Bread has been baked and is cooling off.

Now contemplating whether to watch Timeshift: Dial "B" for Britain: The Story of the Landline.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

^^^ That's once I've summoned the energy to make it, of course.
                      Turned out nice enough, though there's a lot less oil in the breaded version, sufficiently so that I had to add a little oil to fry the spud slices.

In other news, I've lost a 3mm twist drill that was on the floor.

I think it's in the vac.

That or it'll end up in my foot.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 June 2020, 18:34.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X