• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Lunch has been the last of the chicken and barley soup, with bits of bread. Very tasty

I hope Sainsbury's have managed to replenish their stocks of Big Chickens when I next go there, as I now only have one chicken, tomato and lentil left. It seems like I've always either got more soup than I know what to do with or hardly any
    Survey in the paper says Waitrose and whole foods do the best chickens

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

The next TPD Media Studies class will be whenever I get around to it

Looking forward to it already

Comment

Morning all

Slept much better last night. Two nights of very poor sleep left me feeling really rather under the weather.

I may actually get things done today as a result.

Latest loaf turned out ok. Still not entirely happy with it but it's edible and suitable for the purpose it's intended for. Maybe I should just be happy with that rather than pursue some nirvana bread state.

My weather app says it's 13 degrees today and we will reach a high of 14. The app also says 100% chance of rain and there's rain drops on the chart throughout the whole day. Not raining at the moment, and it doesn't look like it has rained so far today, so the forecast is wrong already

Coffee and toast so far. Got things out the freezer for the making of a steak (shin) and mushroom pie either later today or tomorrow.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, raining steadily, 11°C out

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Stone me, it's 17.6 deg in here this morning.
            It's now reached the dizzy heights of 17.8 deg.

Sitting here sweating gently away in my underpants seems like a distant dream.

Lunch: Heinz chicken noodle soup, Morrisons multiseed bread, beetroot sandwich on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, yogurt, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 92%, running average 83%.

The calculator running average is now 83.04%, which, while mediocre, is, at least, going the right way.

I discovered last night that the Win7 freecell counts the number of losses per game, so if you lose a game, try it again and lose then you've lost twice.

The previous versions didn't do that, so for some games it's taken hours and multiple attempts to win.

Can't do that with the Win7 version.

Plus I don't like the graphics on it.

Win7: 70% & going down, but not in a good way.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 June 2020, 11:41.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The weather has now caught up with the forecast and the rain has arrived. Strangely, it's reasonably bright out even though there's full cloud cover.

Comment

Afternoon all
                The Dog (tw) had a big walk earlier, that was followed by me cutting the top lawn.
                Then I replaced the bar in The Wife's (tm) main wardrobe.
                Now I'm in the office, shredding paper and generally tidying up.

...with a pint of dormouse.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just spotted

Comment

Super Pali!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Super Pali!

Oh very well done, sir! Good spot.