• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would seem that the pitter patter of tiny raindrops was so underwhelming that I'm now wondering if that is what I heard.

I could get up and look out the window, of course, but the speculation as to whether I had an auditory hallucination is more fun.

Comment

In other news, it seems the only way to get a VAT invoice out of Paperchase is to log a request twice via their contact system, a month apart, wait a week, then send them a tweet asking if the 'tax' on their email receipts consitutes VAT fraud if they are refusing to acknowledge a perfectly legal request for a VAT invoice.

I now have to DM them my details so they can resolve, as it seems their installation of ZenDesk must be faulty.

Comment

Final conf call of the week.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It would seem that the pitter patter of tiny raindrops was so underwhelming that I'm now wondering if that is what I heard.

I could get up and look out the window, of course, but the speculation as to whether I had an auditory hallucination is more fun.
          Had a look when I got up to take ben linen 1 out and put bed linen 2 into the WM

Of all the issues I have, auditory hallucinations ain't one. Shame.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It's stopped.

Cottons in the TD which is doing its random number thing again.
            Rain's stopped at last.

Vaguely sunny which is better.

Cottons out of the TD and now over the banisters.

Entertainment: Charlton Heston telling me all about the 1967 6 day war.

Now Gut & Bolts showing how the septics demolish "old"* stadiums using implosion.

*That's "old" as in built 30 years before.

Feck me that was impressive.

It took 61 seconds to implode it and the demolition of the structure was designed to put all the rubble into the centre of the field.

Gosh.

Now we're on to Tasers.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 June 2020, 13:34.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Rain's stopped at last.

Vaguely sunny which is better.

Cottons out of the TD and now over the banisters.

Entertainment: Charlton Heston telling me all about the 1967 6 day war.

Now Gut & Bolts showing how the septics demolish "old"* stadiums using implosion.

*That's "old" as in built 30 years before.

Feck me that was impressive.

It took 61 seconds to implode it and the demolition of the structure was designed to put all the rubble into the centre of the field.

Gosh.

Now we're on to Tasers.
              Those demolition programmes are rather interesting. Shaped charges, timing and all that, making sure only specific bits blow up in a manner designed to control the way, and order, things fall.

Comment

Nothing so sophisticated as a shaped charge, just sticks of "dynamite" stuffed into holes drilled in ferroconcrete pillars.

The really clever bit is the timing of the detonations so the demolition happens in a big circle.

The really essential bit is cutting a chunk of the stadium wall before you start, so that the thing can collapse inwards.

It doesn't work properly if that isn't done since the unexploded bit holds up the exploded bit.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Walk with loony lady 2 today. Loony lady 1 again tomorrow. The old ratbags do cheer me up a bit.

PS Gordon Bennet, don't think I'll bother looking at General anymore. Too much abusive stuff.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Nothing so sophisticated as a shaped charge, just sticks of "dynamite" stuffed into holes drilled in ferroconcrete pillars.

The really clever bit is the timing of the detonations so the demolition happens in a big circle.

The really essential bit is cutting a chunk of the stadium wall before you start, so that the thing can collapse inwards.

It doesn't work properly if that isn't done since the unexploded bit holds up the exploded bit.
                    a fred dibnah afficionado then??

Comment

Bed linen 2 is out and hung up.

Garage has finally called to say my car is ready. It's currently not raining so safe as it can be to walk up there without needing a brolly

Comment

Working...
                      X