• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last call done.
    and now.....................................
    it's beer o'clock!

Comment

Bedding wash completed, and draped over the clothes horse.

Then I popped out the back where the recycling bins had been emptied this week, so reverse trundling has been done.

And while I was out there I had a look at the back wheel that had lost pressure last week. It's lost a few psi over the course of eight days or so, so it's manageable and therefore relegated to the must-be-attended-to-at-some-point-but-not-urgent category.

And while I was sorting out that, I was approached by a polite and well-spoken young man who explained that he was either helping a friend to move in or moving in with a friend (I didn't quite catch which, and it didn't seem important) and would anybody object to him bringing his car in so they didn't have to carry stuff so far? I assured him that nobody really cares what goes on out there as long as it doesn't get in the way, so in they came, though rather slowly because one of the smaller local cats was blocking the way and unwilling to move further in at any great speed until one of the larger local cats that was already a bit further in had cleared off into one of the back yards

This sort of thing is what passes for excitement around here

Comment

Car collected. Passed the MOT without comment. I had driven 1,064 miles since my last MOT.

Car now parked in a better position, where it will stay for the forseeable.

The parking position meant I could finally get my parents old, large, heavy computer out of the boot. I'm hoping it has a SATA DVD drive in it. It's a good case. It may have to go into storage for a rainy day that's unlikely to come.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Garage has finally called to say my car is ready. It's currently not raining so safe as it can be to walk up there without needing a brolly
          Doing better than mine.

Went in this morning to get the brakes checked, suspected the front discs were getting a bit ropey. Call from the garage. "You were right about the front discs, but the back ones are on the way to being knackered as well, do you want us to replace them too?"

Followed a couple of hours later by "We've just taken the rear discs off and you've got a broken spring on the rear drivers side. It needs replacing and they have to be done in pairs."

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Yeah, NLUK can sleep somewhere else .

I was contemplating getting the spare duvet out but it's in a vacuum-packed thingummy that is a faff. Sheets and blankets will suffice plenty, I'm sure.

Duvet last few nights I slept like a new born baby i.e. naked! too darn hot!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              you normally sleep with your clothes on??
              weird.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                a fred dibnah afficionado then??
                More like a Blaster Bates (RIP) fan really.

Shower of tulipe over Shropshire.

It's been cold enough around here for me to start looking for the electric blanket.

Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod, orange segments and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

HSB S1 E10: "Gatorbait" wherein Furillo contemplates leaving the Hill (as if that was going to happen ).

Sapphire & Steel E5&6 of the country house one.

The final series begins on Monday & concludes on Tuesday.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 June 2020, 17:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

i'm about halfway into HSB S2.
                  i get distracted by village murders and death in paradise and endeavour and lewis and it's only because there's NO decent scifi any more and i'm going stir crazy!!!!!
                  aaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!!
                  tweet tweet tweet gibber gibber.

Comment

i'm about halfway into HSB S2.
                    i get distracted by village murders and death in paradise and endeavour and lewis and it's only because there's NO decent scifi any more and i'm going stir crazy!!!!!
                    aaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!!
                    tweet tweet tweet gibber gibber.
                    I wonder if the Philip K Dick thingummys are still available on C4?

Comment

you normally sleep with your clothes on??
                      weird.
                      My sentiments exactly! My default is to sleep in the buff. I will put socks on if my feet are cold though. For some reason, if I'm generally feeling cold and can't sleep all I need to do is put my bed socks on and then I'll be fine and soon nod off.

Comment

Working...
                      X