• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24.7 in here,

24.7 in the hall.

Hotter upstairs.

33 in the salting house despite both doors being open.

Tea: due to the inability to make chilli due to forgetting to take the mince out of the freezer: liver, bacon, and onion gravy, stewed gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

To boost my energy I had a beetroot sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread.

I had a shower before making tea and I need another one now, though it must be said that the cold water ain't exactly cold at the moment which is sort of disappointing from the mortification of the flesh point of view.

In other news it's clouding over.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2020, 17:24.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Took a walk down to Boots (to pick up a delivery) and M&S (for a mooch) and it was hot enough that I didn't even think about extending my walk to make it a proper one.

I was pleased that M&S had loaves of the dark German rye bread in. Should have bought two and popped one in the freezer. I was undecided whether to have chunky haddock or lightly dusted haddock so got haddock fishcakes instead.

Only two of the five peonies I bought from Tesco at the weekend have opened. I have since better educated myself on signs that indicate a bud more likely to open.

Comment

I appear to have eaten all the cheese.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

dinner has been tilapia fillets in jerk seasoning, with rice and peas.
          and a nice chenin blanc.
          i'm totally jacobs in this heat.
          DIP 5:4 for tv tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Took a walk down to Boots (to pick up a delivery) and M&S (for a mooch) and it was hot enough that I didn't even think about extending my walk to make it a proper one.

I was pleased that M&S had loaves of the dark German rye bread in. Should have bought two and popped one in the freezer. I was undecided whether to have chunky haddock or lightly dusted haddock so got haddock fishcakes instead.

Only two of the five peonies I bought from Tesco at the weekend have opened. I have since better educated myself on signs that indicate a bud more likely to open.
            MrsAG likes the orchids from there, maintains them good, 1 lasted over 3 months

29 degrees, no sign of impending storm

Have put my Dyson in the bedroom - Dyson fan not hoover, of which 1 have 2 !!!
            Married

Comment

Entertainment: "No Hiding Place: Music for Murder" on Talking Pictures "obtained from a private collection".

Amusing enough in a B&W 405 line ITV sort of way.

"No Hiding Place" Music for Murder (TV Episode 1965) - IMDb

It says "video" on there, I suppose it could be studio VT with film (16mm?) inserts, though it hasn't got that sort of flarey 1960s look.

HSB S2 E3: "The Last White Man on East Ferry Avenue ".

In essence, it's Gran Torino 35 years earlier without the happy ending.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2020, 20:02.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyGarbs View Post
                MrsAG likes the orchids from there, maintains them good, 1 lasted over 3 months

29 degrees, no sign of impending storm

Have put my Dyson in the bedroom - Dyson fan not hoover, of which 1 have 2 !!!
                Ah! Now that's interesting. Are the orchids sold in supermarkets one time only flowering? I have never, ever got an orchid to reflower if it came from a supermarket. I suppose I would have to get one from a proper plant purveyor.

Comment

I must have gotten heat stroke in my walk to the shop and back. I've suddenly come over all chilly and had to put a cardigan on.

Well, the temperature has plummeted to 28 degrees.

And my bloomin' right knee hurts on stairs. Not helpful when I have a few steps down to get to the fridge and the booze.

Comment

Realtime satellite and rain over UK and Ireland. Sun, clouds, lightning and radar combined in one image.

Entertainment (continued): Roswell: New Mexico S1 E4.

Lightning & Thunderstorms - United Kingdom, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland

Oooooo, this one ticks.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 June 2020, 20:31.

Comment

now on DIP 5:6
                      feckin hot.
                      too hot
                      not happy

Comment

Working...
                      X