• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going rather grey again here now

The chestnut trees now allow glimpses of tiny slivers of the opposite side of the road through gaps between their leaves; it seems the leaves must shrink slightly after the excitement of spring. This means I can now just about see bits of the Polish café, which seems to still be chugging along OK on its takeaway trade

No idea what, if any, steps they were taking to allow customers back in, but that's all on hold for another couple of weeks anyway

Comment

dinner has been pasta with a tuna, anchovy, tomato, garlic and chilli sauce.
      oh,and capers.
      and more rioja
      tv is DIP again.
      for now, anyway.

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky cod, orange segments & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Joy of Painting, BBC4.

Roswell: New Mexico S1 E7 "I Saw the Sign".

"Sewermen" on Paramount.

HSB S2 E12 "Of Mouse and Man" wherein Belker befriends a mouse.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 June 2020, 20:15.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea has been some beef in red wine sauce out of the freezer, which I had with rice, just for a change

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

More HTML maps stuff done, committed and pushed, and just as I'm about to leave the desktop for the night I get a GitHub email with a couple of comments on the pull request pointing out stupid typos like "acordingly"

But I spotted another one he'd missed while fixing them, and I've bumped up the highlighting of typos in my IDE now, even though that doesn't work so well in HTML source code

Oops, forgot to post this

That was because I was keen to watch the final episode of the Bristol house thing on iPlayer; and very interesting it was. I was quite amused by the local petty criminal, convicted of theft and, later, fraud under two variations of his name during the Second World War, who by the time he died while living in an old folks home in 1978 was claiming to be ten years younger than he really was, originally born in Belgium which he wasn't, and a retired actor even though there's no record of his ever having acted at all

Lots of shouting and general brouhaha just started up outside. After it had been going on for a minute or two I went to have a look out of the living room window. There was a police car just over the road, though no idea if they started it or just happened to be coming down the road and saw things kicking off. Anyway, they had one guy on the ground being cuffed, then cuffed another guy and put him in the back of the car; a third guy was allowed to wander off, and there's a woman carrrying what looks like a bag from a takeaway who seems to be with the bloke on the ground. Now three more cars have turned up and everybody's been moved away from each other while numerous coppers talk to them all, presumably trying to find out what its all about

Might as well see if I can get to sleep while all that carries on just across the road

Goodnight all

Comment

I wasn't feeling very well earlier so went to bed about 8pm. Now I'm very awake and contemplating whether to do something productive or lie in the dark hoping I get back to sleep.

Comment

Morning all

Another morning where I wake at 05:35 & listen to the Shipping Forecast.

Ho very hum.

Grey.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Dark.

Sunless.

Wednesday by all accounts.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

morning
                    CBSWFB this morning
                    still a little KB.
                    wednesday
                    meh

Comment

Morning all. Someone left the Flora out overnight after cooking with it and it's turn to snot. Therefore, dry toast and a mug of tea for breakfast.

A grey day in all senses, with a cloudy blanket covering the Mancunian sky.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X