• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning people

grey and damp in soggy sarf herts.
    Wednesday
    tea required.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      GPS on phone going mad again. Went for a walk from home in Mid Sussex and it says I was in Stoke on Trent. Dunno, maybe it's right, it's me that's senile.

Anyway, thought I'd see how you CUK loonies are doing. Too low and tired recently to be bothered with anything. Anyone got a spare brain?
      Have a hug

No spares as far as I can see. If you find any, let me know

Comment

Morning all.

Dull, overcast, wet. It started raining probably about 7pm yesterday (not sure exactly when) and seems to have continued off and on right up to the present moment (currently wet out but not actively raining). It's 15 degrees at the moment, forecast high of 19 and the rain will continue in its on/off/on state throughout the day. Barometer has dropped to 1012 mBar.

First coffee just cooling off a bit and will be drunk very soon.

Comment

Morning denizens

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Raining steadily here still, and apparently likely to continue on and off through the night and tomorrow
          And so it is coming to pass: solidly grey, rainy, 15°C

Comment

German Beetle Car gone for oil change, and micro-switches for roof mech - I don't like surprises from the Workshop!!!!

Bakery visited for 24 "Alison's Eggs" and came away with 4 Florentines (oops only 3 left), Chicken and Mushroom Pie and Snake 'n Kill-me Pie. Covid-19 needs calories.

Wednesday's Child is full of woe...
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all
              Yesterday was lovely and sunny.
              Today it's raining.

An estate agent was due to come yesterday, but had to reschedule to today for the market appraisal. This is the first agent we're getting in and at this stage it's more about seeing how much he thinks we should spend to get the best return. Chosen this one first as they have just sold a house near us which is a similar age to ours and has better parking, but smaller house and east facing garden. That house went on the market the week before lockdown and sold the first week that house viewings recommenced. I'm hoping that they already have a few buyers on their books.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Have a hug

No spares as far as I can see. If you find any, let me know
                Ah, a nice safe socially distant hug. Thanks MS.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  GPS on phone going mad again. Went for a walk from home in Mid Sussex ...

Maybe take a walk to The Weald museum Weald and Downland Living Museum
                  Might be a bit far, but The Repair Shop could have a look at it.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Morning all
                      Yesterday was lovely and sunny.
                      Today it's raining.

An estate agent was due to come yesterday, but had to reschedule to today for the market appraisal. This is the first agent we're getting in and at this stage it's more about seeing how much he thinks we should spend to get the best return. Chosen this one first as they have just sold a house near us which is a similar age to ours and has better parking, but smaller house and east facing garden. That house went on the market the week before lockdown and sold the first week that house viewings recommenced. I'm hoping that they already have a few buyers on their books.
                      Release the Retirement Capital!
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X