• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    HSB is getting on my tits.
    its like eastenders with a seasoning of police work FFS.
    that bloody neurotic woman, and the fact that any feckwit can just wander into and around a cop shop unchallenged.?
    It's a cop soap according to Bochco et al.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Too much today

Still drizzling here. Apparently it'll carry on with little to no interruption until at least this time tomorrow

Still, I daresay the trees are appreciating it

Comment

There has been rain for much of the evening so far, of varying levels of enthusiam.

Currently watching BBC Two - Horizon, 2020, Pluto: Back From the Dead, Pluto: Back from the Dead all about how interesting Pluto really is even though it's no longer one of the kool kids of the solar system.

Comment

Tea has been M&S non-chunky breaded haddock, with chips and beans. Very tasty

Those non-chunky fillets are a bit on the small side, though. There's three left, and I'm thinking of seeing if I can snap one in half to make two meals out of them

Still, as I had buttered sausages for lunch, I don't suppose I needed the extra calories this evening

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Now: "The Medusa Touch" on Talking Pictures, being the filmic version of the Peter Van Greenaway novel.

It's one of Mr Burton's later epics where the booze had taken its toll.
              Lots of 3 litre granadas and Triumph 2000s, plus Harry Andrews, and rather a lot of lovies who are highly regarded today.

Not to mention many who aren't.

The Medusa Touch (1978) - IMDb

Jeremy Brett, Derek Jacobi.

Oh, and it features a 747 flying into a London office block.

I'd forgotten that bit.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 July 2020, 22:53.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Now: "The Medusa Touch" on Talking Pictures, being the filmic version of the Peter Van Greenaway novel.
                I've read a few of PVG's books. They're good; he had a knack for dreaming up quite unusual situations then making them play out in a convincing manner

Oh, and it features a 747 flying into a London office block.

I'd forgotten that bit.
                Centre Point, to be precise. Predicting 9-11 back in the early 1970s

Tonight's viewing here was ST:TNG S4E15 First Contact (TV Episode 1991), which is quite a good one; followed by S1E6 of Hanna.

It's back to raining rather than drizzling here now

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  grey and damp this morning
                  and a bit King Billy.
                  Thursday
                  almost there.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast out. Ground damp but no active precipitation at present. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 20 forecast. Rain expected for much of the afternoon. Barometer has dropped to 1011 mBar.

First coffee being drunk. Croissant ready to go into the oven when it's warmed up.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 9 July 2020, 07:13. Reason: Corrected typo on barometer reading

Comment

Morning denizens

Seems to have rained for much of the night but it's stopped now. The forecast that it would continue throughout the day has been rescinded, replaced with the possibility of more showers this afternoon and evening. Totally grey sky, with the weather app claiming it's foggy, and 16°C at the moment

Comment

Working...
                      X