• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's made by Americans, they don't have a clue what Eurovision is about.

I have discovered it's only available on Netflix so I won't be seeing it legally any time soon.
    For many years it's been entertaining to watch the utter bafflement of Americans on Twitter when all the European users suddenly start banging on about Eurovision for a night

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Tea: Spag bol, orange segments stewed red gooseberries and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: HSB S3 E15: Moon Over Uranus: The Sequel" wherein Bobby Hill has a word with Sal Benedetto.
        (continued): HSB S3 E16: "Moon Over Uranus: The Final Legacy".

Nice touch in one of the above:

Originally posted by Belker
        My father keeps throwing fruit at the nurses in the care home
        Originally posted by Robin Tataglia
        What's wrong with that?
        Originally posted by Belker
        It's tinned fruit
        Followed by "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

It's taken 15 years for me to watch this lemon.

It really is meh.

The few highlights included the Original & Best Marvin the Paranoid Android fromthe tv series appearing in a queue and Simon Jones as the Magrathean defence system.

Other than that it was mediocre.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 July 2020, 22:16.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Followed by "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

It's taken 15 years for me to watch this lemon.

It really is meh.
          I once recorded it when it was on the telly, but never got round to watching it. It seems I saved some precious time

First up tonight here was a film I've not seen in many years: The Birds (1963), now restored in HD and, I gather, including any and all bits that were sometimes cut from TV broadcasts. It's very good, though of course it seems less scary now than when I first saw it at a tender age some time in the early 1970s - my parents were normally very good at keeping us away from potentially mentally scarring stuff, so I'm not sure why they let me see this one then as nothing was cut and I still remember how shocking certain scenes were

And then a rewatch of Chappie (2015), which asks the hitherto unasked question "What if Robocop but in South Africa and it gets imbued with the artificial intelligence of a child and then hijacked by a bunch of Afrikaner gangster rappers?" - a question one didn't realise was so badly in need of any kind of answer, never mind such an excellent answer as this film

Highly recommended

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I once recorded it when it was on the telly, but never got round to watching it. It seems I saved some precious time
            Put it this way: you won't be on your death bed wishing you'd watched it.

It's taken me two attempts to watch it, after the first attempt I gave the dvds away.

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Slightly warmer in here at 18.1 deg.

Patchy blue white sky.

Judging by the crap emitted by the wireless it must be Sunday, the nadir of the week.

Must get the shoulder of lamb in the oven shortly.

Comment

I was never impressed by the TV adapatations of The Hitchhikers Guide. The radio version was ok. I prefer the version in my head that comes with reading the books (which I think I ought to do again).

Morning all.

Blue skies, some high level wispy cloud. Warm out, as I discovered when I went out to fidget with some of my plants which are all flowering nicely.

Current temperature is 19 degrees, with a forecast high of 23. Cloudy intermittently and a light breeze.

Barometer has risen to 1026 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Realised I hadn't done any laundry for a while so load 1 of 3 is in the WM. My WM only has a small capacity and I don't like to overload anyway so I probably am doing one more load than truly necessary but it's all segregated the way I like it done.

Comment

Morning all
                blue skies, etc, but decorating prep to be done.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Laundry 1 (smalls and tops) out of the WM and hung in the usual places

Laundry 2 (jeans and jumpers) now in the WM.

Comment

Shoulder of lamb it is aroasting.

Rough vac done.

Dusting, not so much.

Some of the chaos in the front room has been ameliorated by putting it back more or less where it came from before the telephonic jiggery pokery last week.

The mercury barometer repair seems to have succeeded and the final piece is being glued currently.

Should be ready to go back on the wall by tomorrow.

Comment

Laundry 2 is out and draped.

Laundry 3 (dresses) is in the WM.

Comment

Working...
                      X