• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on a very thick crust of Morrisons sunflower pumpkin seed toast, red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

No exercise bicycling today. Instead, I've been for a walk

Unfortunately, I somehow managed to get the fitness app on pause for a good chunk of it, meaning the green ring is still some way from being closed

However, venturing outside and a little way from home did have the effect of getting the showers started

Comment

98%, 62bpm

Comment

Entertainment (in the ever present gloom & mistfulness): HSB S3 E17: "The Belles of St. Mary's " wherein we have Vic Hitler the Narcoleptic Comic, Howard Hunter doing the Al Zheimer joke, and J.D. LaRue being reminded of Statue Tory Rape by Neil Washington as LaRue lusts after Ally Sheedy.

Not to mention the black chap high as a kite on Angel Dust requiring six cops to bring him in.

I neglected to mention the appearance, some episodes ago, of Buck Neked, always a welcome appearance.

As it transpires the Statue Tory Rape comment occurs in

HSB S3 E18: "Life in the Minors " where JD is daft enough or obsessed enough to take said Ally Sheedy on a night time stakeout.

And Belker suffers a loss.

Bet he didn't see that coming (blindman stakeout joke).

<hiatus>

Tea: more of yesterday's roast lamb which was very nice, rather more than can be said for the associated vegetables, it looking very much as if two cauliflowers need chucking in the compost heap along with the packet of sprouts I found festering at the back of the fridge, stewed gooseberries and custard, very nice, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 July 2020, 17:13.

Comment

Well that's the day done with. I have had a go at configuring the brick client co call a laptop, but as they haven't assigned an office license to my account I'm still in breach of their security guidelines because I have to get files sent to me by the team I'm working with.

It's just started to rain - a few spots falling, nothing major thus far.

Comment

Feeling very meh today for some reason

Maybe I can no longer function adequately without having been on the exercise bike?

Comment

I suppose I'd better go and walk round the block or something to get this green ring sorted out

Comment

Just remembered what really pissed me off with H2G2 was the lack of Pink Floyd from Marvin while they were looking at the sunrise/sunset on Magrathea.

Bloody amateurs.

Entertainment: HSB S3 E19: "Eugene's Comedy Empire Strikes Back " wherein Vic Hitler's narcolepsy comes to the fore.

Now: Roswell: New Mexico S2 E3: "Good Mother" wherein An Abductee returns after a month.

Barometer down to 1017 mbar now.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 July 2020, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I suppose I'd better go and walk round the block or something to get this green ring sorted out
                    And done

Naturally, it started raining as soon as I was twenty yards or so down the road

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      And done

Naturally, it started raining as soon as I was twenty yards or so down the road
                      You are a rain god.

Comment

Working...
                      X