• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freecell score: 87%, running average 83% (83.33%).

Lunch: Heinz ham and lentil unzingy soup, Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, beetroot sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Scaffolding going up in the alleyway at the far end of whatever that space out the back is called. They must be doing the roof on the first house on the side road there, which was built around the same time as this one and, like this terrace, is exceedingly tall by modern house standards.

It's kind-of not the first house, as this terrace wraps around the corners at both ends for some way, and that end now has its main entrance door on the side road. But AFAIK it's still numbered as being on the main road, so the house that's getting the scaffolding is number 1

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Though the miniature rose and the maidenhair fern are still outside assuming they've not been nicked.
        Not nicked but the fern is looking very dischuffed. :

The rose, what's left of it, seems happy enough.

Just returned from a walk up to the reservoir & back.

The res is full again & there's water thundering down the spillway.

Weeded the parents' grave which was covered in horsetail.

I must have put shedloads of bulbs in but nothing ever grows.

Must improve the soil a bit.

More ashes.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 July 2020, 15:19.

Comment

2nd estate agent just left.

Exciting times
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Celebrating having finally sorted out a weird set of issues by having a (small) bag of BBQ flavour Hula Hoops

Comment

Tea: Tesco chunky battered cod, very nice, orange segments and custard (that's on top of the three oranges I squeezed for juice earlier), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: HSB S4 E1: "Here's Adventure, Here's Romance" wherein our heroes investigate a multiple shooting at a gay bar, where one of the customers turns out to be a detective who's firmly in the closet. Fay Furillo is now very pregnant and looking for someone to be a birthing partner. Cue Lt. Goldblume.

Comment

Mrs LM seriously considering invoking Plan C: complete career change for both of us. I'm not averse to it but it will involve relocation and it surprises me because she's always said that she didn't want to move away from her mum (currently c. 10 miles away).
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Mrs LM seriously considering invoking Plan C: complete career change for both of us. I'm not averse to it but it will involve relocation and it surprises me because she's always said that she didn't want to move away from her mum (currently c. 10 miles away).
                  Sometimes the push is stronger than the pull...

Comment

Tea is a-cooking.

A portion of that steak and mushroom pie I made a while back with roasted carrots and minted, buttered jersey royals

Comment

Ents is Harrow (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb

Finally getting around to watching the delectable Ioan Gruffudd in a totally not typecast role. I was very disappointed that Forever was cancelled as that had a superb premise.

Comment

Working...
                      X