• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A bit more of the kitchen painted. Need to finish it by Thursday to get started on owners/Primary/principal bedroom.

EPC lady coming tomorrow.

FTFY

#CasualRacism

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The landlord needed a photo of the flat's fusebox as he's planning to get them all replaced with modern ones over the next few months. Unfortunately, it's in the far corner of the living room, low down, behind the spot where I have a shelving unit where things like the router and printer live, the rest of the alcove it's in being a resting places for large boxes of stuff. Just had to shift loads of stuff so I could get in there, take a photo of what just looks like a standard 1980s fusebox, then shift everything back again

I also decided on a coffee-related experiment today. I realised that the main reason I have a double-strength mug of coffee (14g) first thing is because it used to set me up for the seventy mile drive to ExClientCo, but I don't do that any more. So I thought I'd split it over two 7g mugs, thereby spreading it over the morning rather than getting a massive caffeine jolt first thing.

Turns out I prefer, and possibly even need, a massive caffeine jolt first thing; especially if I'm going to start shifting boxes back and forth when the day's hardly started

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        The landlord needed a photo of the flat's fusebox as he's planning to get them all replaced with modern ones over the next few months. Unfortunately, it's in the far corner of the living room, low down, behind the spot where I have a shelving unit where things like the router and printer live, the rest of the alcove it's in being a resting places for large boxes of stuff. Just had to shift loads of stuff so I could get in there, take a photo of what just looks like a standard 1980s fusebox, then shift everything back again

I also decided on a coffee-related experiment today. I realised that the main reason I have a double-strength mug of coffee (14g) first thing is because it used to set me up for the seventy mile drive to ExClientCo, but I don't do that any more. So I thought I'd split it over two 7g mugs, thereby spreading it over the morning rather than getting a massive caffeine jolt first thing.

Turns out I prefer, and possibly even need, a massive caffeine jolt first thing; especially if I'm going to start shifting boxes back and forth when the day's hardly started
        Possibly the wrong day to try such an experiment

Have another go on a gentler day.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Just had to shift loads of stuff so I could get in there, take a photo of what just looks like a standard 1980s fusebox, then shift everything back again
          Duw there's posh then, mine looks very much like a 1960s fusebox. <- fusebox.

No rcd either. Saves on those nuisance trips when the cooker rings play up.

Walk walked.

Rather longer than usual due to OpenReach restringing telephone cables on the road up to the res.

I'd noted the bushes/trees along the road had been trimmed back as I walked the walk yesterday.

Since the revised route took me to town, I discovered that the dentist has reopened for extractions and the hairdresser at the top of the road is open too.

Might be time for the Number 1 all over experience since the incipient pony tail is becoming rather annoying.

The Hair hasn't been this long in 40 years.

<hiatus>

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust, not as thick as the previous one), prune yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 July 2020, 12:35.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Duw there's posh then, mine looks very much like a 1960s fusebox. <- fusebox.

No rcd either. Saves on those nuisance trips when the cooker rings play up.
              Apparently he had a new tenant lined up for the ground floor back, the family who lived there having moved out just as lockdown started back in March. Then he discovered he now needed some kind of electrical certificate, like the gas one, before he could let the place; so he's having to get the electrics for all the flats sorted out

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Since the revised route took me to town, I discovered that the dentist has reopened for extractions and the hairdresser at the top of the road is open too.

Might be time for the Number 1 all over experience since the incipient pony tail is becoming rather annoying.

The Hair hasn't been this long in 40 years.
              Still no haircuts available round here. Mine has gone extremely wild and wavy, a bit like that famous photo of Einstein, except for that the photographer messed up his hair on purpose whereas mine does it naturally

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Possibly the wrong day to try such an experiment

Have another go on a gentler day.
                Definitely a good idea to wait until I don't have anything much to do, I think

Comment

Lunch has been chicken & barley soup, with assorted bits of bread. Very tasty, very filling

A bit sunny out now, 20°C but there seems to be a light breeze to keep things tolerable

Comment

Lunch was some leftovers of the Lebanese variety from a delivery we had recently. Lots of babaganoush, hummous, tabbouleh.

Comment

Aldi West Country Chedder Beef Burger for lunch. Great idea ruined by poor quality meat.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X