• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another glorious night's sleep.

Until 02:45.

Ho very hum.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Grey.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Grey sky.

Saturday.

So that's all of "Pulse" and "Doremi" played whilst I dozed.

I feel like tulipe.

Comment

Morning all

Shaping up to be another hot one.

Dinner last night was a tapas selection.

Spicy meatballs in tomato sauce, patron peppers, belly pork skewers, chorizo in red wine with onions and garlic, salad of roasted peppers with courgettes garlic and olives and a couple of bottles of something white.

Consumed while sat under the gazebo in the back garden listing to the thunder and lightening.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

There's a layer of high cloud, so although it's already 20°C, it's not forecast to get past 22° and there's a chance of some rain in the afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

There's a layer of high cloud, so although it's already 20°C, it's not forecast to get past 22° and there's a chance of some rain in the afternoon
              It's Only Fair(tm) since we had rain in the morning, just as I was thinking of going for a walk.

Not joking rain either.

22.3 deg in here with 1013mbar on the barometer.

So, since I've spent about four and a half hours sat in this chair, I thought I'd make the bol and the chilli con carne as a means of standing upright for a couple of hours or so.

Making both at the same time led to a scarcity of frying pans large enough for the chilli, so that ended up in the roasting tin once I'd fried everything to death in the reasonable sized frying pan.

The large frying pan is currently full of spicy bol with added onions and chilli, whilst the omelette pan was pressed into use in frying the onions & such like.

Tomorrow's roast shoulder of lamb (Tesco, reduced) may take on an unusually spicy flavour, along with Tuesday's Tesco chunky breaded haddock.

Lunch: the last of the batch of lentil <pffffft> soup, blueberry yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Up to 23°C outside now (higher than forecast); still 26° in here, though there's a slight breeze from the window which will help cool things down, or at least I hope so

Comment

Pâté on toast (wholemeal, just for a change) for lunch

Comment

Walk walked.

Just up to the res & back today since it's grey and damp and the paths are probably muddy.

Lot less bothered by insect today than yesterday.

As I descended through the cem, a woman came running out of the murder house into the cem, followed by a little girl.

Originally posted by Woman Sitting on side of Grave to little girl
                    <sobs> He's an arsehole.

I'll be ok in a minute.
                    Sounds like a promising relationship.

Realised as I came back in that it's 12 hours since I woke up this fecking morning.

Comment

It clouded over a little here but then it thinned out again, and the promised rain has been cancelled

Down to 25°C in here now, against 21° outside.

Comment

Working...
                      X