• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haircut Day today too!

My hair looks rather like a mushroom cloud at the moment, not yet having enough length to make it hang down rather than curling outwards in wild waves of grey

As the walk to the barber's and back might not be enough to close the green ring, I just went for a brisk walk up the road. Turns out the pavements are a lot less busy at this time of day than in the afternoon. I suspect people who got used to the benefits of a good lie-in during lockdown haven't yet returned to what passed for normal habits in the Before Times

Comment

Happy Hiroshima Day.

As someone or other remarked on some programme or other yesterday, the damn thing was made & it was going to be tested.

In addition it was a message to Uncle Joe regarding what might well happen if the Soviet Army attempted to continue its journey west any further than it had reached by VE day.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Happy Hiroshima Day.

As someone or other remarked on some programme or other yesterday, the damn thing was made & it was going to be tested.

In addition it was a message to Uncle Joe regarding what might well happen if the Soviet Army attempted to continue its journey west any further than it had reached by VE day.

Oppenheimer deserves a Nobel Peace Prize. He saved Millions. It would be fitting as well considering who Alfred Nobel was.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk walked.

Very humid out there, almost drizzle.

Thought I'd got a bit warm due to the glasses steaming up as I walked, the shirt was rather wet when I got home & took it off.

What's this 'ere Right ear still problematic.

Lunch: Heinz leak & potato soup (Morrisons, reduced) with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread (end of loaf), blackcurrant jam sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch. Very nice

Apparently it's going to be baking hot tomorrow, so I'm considering doing the shopping after my haircut.

Comment

I am shorn!

(It's only just occurred to me, that must be why the sheep is called Sean.)

I walked up there, so naturally some completely unforecast rain arrived while I was in there and I had to walk back through occasional light drizzle

And the sound of the wind whistling past my ears was quite noticeable, as I haven't been able to hear that for a while

Comment

Right, time for shopping

Comment

The mercury* is nudging 29C outside.
                  The tiler# noticed that our bathroom floor wasn't level after putting down the plywood, so had to go out to get some filler stuff. It appears the middle of the floor is about 3cm lower than the edges.

*Blue liquid - possibly the same stuff they use in adverts for lady's "products".
                  #Not Steve
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I am shorn!

(It's only just occurred to me, that must be why the sheep is called Sean.)
                    :

Welcome to the Shaun the Sheep Website! | Shaun the Sheep

Entertainment in the eternal ennui of CV19 Thursday afternoon:

HSB S7 E17 "The Cookie Crumbles" wherein one of the chaps gets shot with a .357 Mag. It doesn't do him a power of good.

HSB S7 E18 "Dogsbreath Afternoon " wherein the shot chap is hospitalised while the rest of the chaps try to find out Who Dun It.

HSB S7 E19 "Days of Swine and Roses " wherein the wonders of the Septic mental hospital system is revealed in all its glory.

In Shaun related shearing comments, I've been hacking chunks of hair off for months, though the pony tail is coming along quite well.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2020, 15:54.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Right, time for shopping
                      And done

Just a few essentials, which makes me wonder why it cost so much

Comment

Working...
                      X