• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Sunny and breezy day here, much cooler thankfully.

23c outside, 27c inside.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Friend visiting from blighty, socially distanced visit naturally. Hazmat suit has been laid out and decontamination chamber at the ready.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Friend visiting from blighty, socially distanced visit naturally. Hazmat suit has been laid out and decontamination chamber at the ready.
          Return trip could be interesting

Originally posted by BBC News
          People coming to the UK from France and the Netherlands will be forced to quarantine for 14 days from Saturday. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said the measure - which also applies to people travelling from Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba - would kick in from 04:00 BST
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Bonjour mes-amis

In recovery mode from last night's Braai. It was 1kg, 34-day, dry-aged, Ribeye, on-the-bone. Last rib of the whole-rib, Dexter-beef.

I had the meat-sweats, which wasn't helped by the 2007, Grand-Reserva Rioja, and the old-fashioned Cauliflower-Cheese...

Surfeit of hyphens this morning, but I feel justified. Looks my driving holiday through La Belle France is in jeopardy.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Return trip could be interesting
                She's aware of that and can work from home so has already made plans for it.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Bonjour mes-amis

In recovery mode from last night's Braai. It was 1kg, 34-day, dry-aged, Ribeye, on-the-bone. Last rib of the whole-rib, Dexter-beef.

I had the meat-sweats, which wasn't helped by the 2007, Grand-Reserva Rioja, and the old-fashioned Cauliflower-Cheese...

Surfeit of hyphens this morning, but I feel justified. Looks my driving holiday through La Belle France is in jeopardy.
                  Haven't BBQ'd all week. BBQs are on my roof terrace which gets direct sunlight. I've never been able to put any sunshades there as it's too exposed and they keep getting blown down.
                  The temp gages on the BBQs were registering 50c without even sparking them up.
                  The reason they are not in the garden is one of my neighbours kept whining about the smoke, which is off given I use pro charcoal which doesn't smoke. Which is more than I can say for him using cheap supermarket stuff with lighter fuel and gassing out the entire neighbourhood.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Slow cooker activated. Today's, or rather tonight's, culinary masterpiece will be ham, yellow split pea and red lentil soup

I discovered that the celery in the fridge had gone extremely manky, unsurprisingly given that I only ever use it for soups and haven't made soup for two or three weeks. So I've started everything else (a 750g gammon joint, couple of very big onions, several average carrots, lots of freshly-ground black pepper) and will pop to Iceland or, if they fall short, the Co-op for a head of it once I've had a shower which, after the sweatiness of the exercise bicycling, is much needed before I'll be acceptable to the wider public.

I'll give that lot about four or five hours, then blend the veg and shred the gammon, before returning it all to the pot with loads of split peas and lentils and giving it another four or five hours

Comment

HWMBO has been cooking up (if that's the right term!) gazpacho. Had a bit of a taste part way through his doings and it was very delicious and very garlicky. No vampires will get us!

Comment

Working...
                      X