• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very impressive the way stuff explodes out of the walls when a lightning strike happens.

It might well have come down the aerial wire.

IIRC that Zeity chap lost a 56k modem to lightning and then spent 3 days fixing it with bits from Maplin.

I wonder whatever happened to him.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Housework done with a lot of sweating in between wasting some time on here.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Gammon shredded, veg blended, pulses added: and so the soup begins the second and final phase of its journey into becoming

It's going to be exceptionally thick, to the extent that I'm wondering if it might end up needing to be diluted for consumption. But that just means I get even more portions than expected

And I ground a load more pepper into it, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

It's 23°C with a pleasant slight breeze out now, having got no worse than 24°, and quite Simpsonesque

The internal temperature has reached 25°, but I daresay it'll cool down again soon. Might even have to dig the summer duvet out tonight!

Comment

Just listened to the Comsat Angels' first album Waiting for a Miracle for the first time in a while. Great stuff

And earlier I dug out the notebook in which I had a track listing of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band compilation tape I made for playing in the pub nearly thirty years ago, replicated it as an iTunes playlist, and had a listen to that. For something put together on the fly one afternoon before work, it's a very good mix of their extremely varied work

Comment

Just gave the soup a stir. It seems to be approaching the density of a neutron star, but it smells and tastes amazing

Definitely going to need more water adding but it already fills the slow cooker virtually to the brim, so it will have to be diluted on serving

And I'm not sure there's enough space in the freezer for all of it, even stored in concentrated form, so I may be eating a lot of it over the next few days

Comment

HWMBO cooked up a storm, inspired by our recent holiday

Comment

The soup relaxed a little towards the last hour, presumably as the peas and lentils broke down or something, so I didn't dilute it in the end:

Very tasty, and six more bowls now packed up and cooling, ready for a night in the fridge after which I'll try to get it in the freezer

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It seems to be enthusiastically persisting it down. My plants will be happy and I hope that also bodes well for a good night's sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X