• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment (continued): "Home of the Brave (2006)": Samuel L. Jackson, Jennifer Biel, 50 Cent, Brian Presley.

The results of Dubya's war in Eyerack on 4 of those involved therein.

Quite gripping in its way.

Do you think they'll be putting up statues to us in Iraq in 10 years time?
    Er, probably not.

I was convinced I'd seen it before, but it transpires that was another film.

<hiatus while FB crashed the box with a multitude of people I neither know nor want to know>

Pissing down with a vengeance.

Rivers flowing down the gutters in the road.

Lovely weather for August.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 August 2020, 23:25.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Ah, we're back

Tonight's movie experience started with rewatching the original Red Dawn (1984), because I rewatched the later version a while back and didn't want it to feel left out. A lot of the effects seem a bit clunky nowadays, but back then they had to actually blow stuff up rather than doing it on a computer, so it's not surprising that they didn't let people get too close. Given limitations like that, it's not too bad really

And to follow, another rewatch with Snowpiercer (TV Series 2020– ). It's a weird premise and a weird film naturally follows therefrom, but it's very good

Raining off and on here now

Goodnight all

Comment

5.05? You get up early. I got up at 6.30, hoping I'd feel less tired, and thought that was early enough.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              5.05? You get up early. I got up at 6.30, hoping I'd feel less tired, and thought that was early enough.
              Er, Nick hadn't gone to bed yet, Xogg.

Morning all

Dry.

Notso Windy.

Grey.

Hints of blue sky.

High tide.

21.6 in here.

1008 mBar.

Allegedly Saturday.

Comment

Morning

not so windy today.
                bit hungover.
                watched 'jupiter ascending' whilst drinking rum last night.
                what a load of tosh!
                like the old '60's scifi 'B' movies featuring giant women/ants/spiders/whatever.
                watchable with enough rum though

Comment

like the old '60's scifi 'B' movies featuring giant women/ants/spiders/whatever
                  Yeh, crap. How did that 50 foot woman grow like that and still keep all her clothes on?

Mind you, similar with Incredible Hulk etc. Mustn't be sexist.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Laurence Fishburne.

It's taken me all fecking night to remember that.

It's downhill all the way from here on in.

Comment

Nasty Blue envelope arrived this morning, from the Belastingdienst.
                      i thought 'FFS, i left three years ago, what now?'
                      upon opening said blue envelope, imagine my surprise and delight to find they'd transferred Eu22.5k to my account as a final tax rebate for 2013-2017.

I suppose it's a little too early for rum?

Comment

Working...
                      X