• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It stopped raining here a while ago but I held off saying so because I reckoned it would start again as soon as I mentioned it.

Let's see...

Comment

Once the laundry take 2 was completed, I braved the rain and headed off for Sainsbury's. Not too busy, although I was about an hour earlier than the last couple of times, and the big self-checkouts were still open

Still raining

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Speaking of which, how's your brother doing, NF?
        Still stuck in the hotel

The people the insurers have got in to fix the place up seem incredibly slow doing anything, and the insurers themselves aren't much better. The electrician was of the opinion that they didn't need to rewire the whole place, which seems overly optimistic to me, and I think my brother feels the same

And now the insurance guy who's supposed to be running things is off on holiday for the next week. Seems a safe bet that by the time he comes back, wherever he's going will have been added to the fortnight-of-quarantine list, just to hold things up even more

Comment

By the by, Sainsbury's had Bramley apples in stock again. Apparently there's been a nationwide shortage and they've been impossible to get hold of, but this year's harvest must have started coming through. So this weekend may well see me making a blackberry and apple pie - and I also got enough blackberries and powdered almonds to have a go at norrrahe's Blackberry and almond Crumble too

Comment

I haven't noticed any more rain.

There appears to be an elephant in the flat upstairs from me. I suspect a new tenant has moved in and the many months of peace I've enjoyed are coming to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              By the by, Sainsbury's had Bramley apples in stock again. Apparently there's been a nationwide shortage and they've been impossible to get hold of, but this year's harvest must have started coming through. So this weekend may well see me making a blackberry and apple pie - and I also got enough blackberries and powdered almonds to have a go at norrrahe's Blackberry and almond Crumble too
              My Bramley tree is on strike this year.

Which is a bugger as you can't get Bramley apples here. The Cloggies keep telling me that their Goudrenet are just as good, well they aint, they are too sweet and turn to mush.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I haven't noticed any more rain.

There appears to be an elephant in the flat upstairs from me. I suspect a new tenant has moved in and the many months of peace I've enjoyed are coming to an end.
                We have elephants living next door as well, one of the next door kids is unable to go upstairs in their house without making it sound like a herd of elephants clomping upstairs.

His mother is also fond of sitting outside on their balcony and taking calls very LOUDLY as she's working from home.

Downside of badly soundproofed "tuinhuisen", definitely looking forward to buying a detached house in France with feckloads of land. It's also the one thing I miss about our house in blighty, corner plot and properly detached, not like modern detached which have 5 inches between one house and the next.
                Last edited by norrahe; 28 August 2020, 21:06.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Tea has been a Sainsbury's rack of ribs in a smoky BBQ sauce, with loads of chips

Rain seems to have stopped here, though the prognosticators still warn of showers

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tea has been a Sainsbury's rack of ribs in a smoky BBQ sauce, with loads of chips

Rain seems to have stopped here, though the prognosticators still warn of showers
                    I miss proper chip shop chips.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The flats in this house were well soundproofed from one another when the place was converted in the 1980s, though it's so solidly built that it probably didn't need much. And the doctor's surgery is always deserted at night so I don't get any noise from there, and the other side doesn't seem to have any people noisy enough to penetrate the wall

Comment

Working...
                      X