• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided to watch Official Secrets (2019) - IMDb this evening

Comment

dinner has been fish pie, and a nice Chablis.
      now watching more of that unfortunate English village with extremely low life expectancy.
      and another day of leisure tomorrow.
      it's a hard life.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        It's free with Amazon Prime at the moment so I've got that one on my watchlist. Will await your verdict with considerable interest

Comment

Just watched Bill and Ted Face the Music - the twins liked it more than Tenet but for me it's merely most(ly) excellent dudes
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            It's free with Amazon Prime at the moment so I've got that one on my watchlist. Will await your verdict with considerable interest
            Yes, that's why I'm watching it

Comment

Gordoneo Bennuto! What an idiot day!

Went to pay a cheque into business bank account and bank was closed, had forgotten it was bank holiday. Then couldn't find the cheque, went back and found it on shop floor. Then dropped the shop receipt, walked back and found it on pavement. Went on my walk and I lost my glasses AND my hat. Fortunately, found the latter. Have to look for little glasses tomorrow.

Is there a CUK senile old twit contest? I'd win!
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Just watched Bill and Ted Face the Music - the twins liked it more than Tenet but for me it's merely most(ly) excellent dudes
                Did you see the 'bonus' bit in the credits?

Comment

Did you see the 'bonus' bit in the credits?
                  Eek twin b (the one off to do film composition) told me about it- she's now watched it 3 times
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well I found it to be a good film. I can't say how much was factual or how much artistic license was taken but as an overall story it was good. I liked the use of real news footage and newspapers from the time (I'll leave NF to confirm the authenticity of the newsprint bits it's recent enough that I reckon they got it right). Good human angle regarding her realisation that she failed to stop the war and how she faced to gain nothing and lose everything. Good bit at the end where the prosecution drop the charges on day 1 in court. Didn't realise that the CPS dragged out various stages so she was in limbo for about a year not knowing what was going to happen. I suspect the intimidation in the form of nearly deporting her husband and getting a chap from from Scotland Yard to tell her she couldn't have legal representation without further breaching the OSA was true.

8.5/10

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Eek twin b (the one off to do film composition) told me about it- she's now watched it 3 times
                      I saw a note about it in IMDB as I was looking for who is streaming it in the UK - not supposed to be released for a couple of weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X