• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online supermarket shopping arrived 8 minutes late but the delivery driver was polite.

Went to Wilko's very weird. It appears some old people don't understand you are supposed to put a face covering over your nose as cold/flu/corona virus enter through eyes, nose and mouth.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Online supermarket shopping arrived 8 minutes late but the delivery driver was polite.

Went to Wilko's very weird. It appears some old people don't understand you are supposed to put a face covering over your nose as cold/flu/corona virus enter through eyes, nose and mouth.
      Except the masks aren't intended to protect you, they are to protect everyone else from any virus you may be breathing, coughing or sneezing out by catching the vapour droplets that carry it

Still has to go over the nose, but not for the reasons you claim.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Except the masks aren't intended to protect you, they are to protect everyone else from any virus you may be breathing, coughing or sneezing out by catching the vapour droplets that carry it

Still has to go over the nose, but not for the reasons you claim.
        The old people (as in they looked 70+) were wearing surgical masks (and one looked like an N95 mask) which are suppose to protect the user as well as everyone else.

Anyway I need to go and do something productive.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Really don't get why people find it hard to wear a mask properly.

Comment

Sausage roll for lunch, it turned out

And as three days in a row of sausage rolls for lunch is enough to be going on with, the rest have been frozen, as has the remaining lamb stew

Freezer's nearly full again now

Comment

Lunch will be a freshly baked small baguette with cheese and mixed charcuterie that need to be used up. And some tomato.

Just waiting for said baguette to cool down a bit.

Comment

Turned a bit Simpsonesque out there now

Comment

Geoffrey Boycatt has got cancer (tumour under his tongue). No eaty, no drinky, no licky, bit stinky...

Might have to make a tough decision tomorrow...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Geoffrey Boycatt has got cancer (tumour under his tongue). No eaty, no drinky, no licky, bit stinky...

Might have to make a tough decision tomorrow...

Comment

Walk walked.

Sun shone all the way.

Bit more "gardening" done.

The resulting pile o'tulipe gets ever bigger.

Tea: the last of the batch of chilli con carne from a month ago, stewed pears and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The next batch of bol for Saturday's spag has been prepared.

I wouldn't class it as cooking since all it consists of is frying half a kilo of mince, some onions, bit of garlic, and some hot smoked paprika plus hot chilli pepper.

All rounded off with some very expensive tomato preparation from dolmio.

Sorry to hear about the cat.

Entertainment: "Castaway" with that Thomas Hanks chap.

Except it's a 2 dvd pack and dvd 1 is missing :suicide.

Scrap that.

"The Green Mile (1999)" with that Thomas Hanks chap.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 September 2020, 18:15.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X