• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Ah, the dear dead days of assembler, z80, 6303, 6805, 8085, and that shock to the system: 8086.

How I do miss them.

Still writing PIC assembler though, or I would be if I did anything technical any more.

Walk walked, though somewhat damply.

Found what I think was a dead hawk on the road, difficult to tell since it was extremely flat.

Met the father of the new neighbour.

Talking about much work on next door.
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

I quite miss assembly language too. At least you didn't have to worry about leaky abstractions in the language or slightly different behaviour across implementations (not counting the JMP indirect bug on the 6502, or the "undocumented" instructions that became documented on the 6510)
    WTF are all those things? some kind of upstart mickey mouse PC stuff?
    I'm talking about Real computers here.
    harrumph hmph mutter mutter

Comment

Sunny here now, but keeping to a modest 19°C with a quite pleasant light breeze

Comment

Just noticed there's wet stuff on my little patio. Not sure if it's rain or waterings.

Weather app says its 22 degrees.

I really must get a proper little home weather station thingummy.

<update>
        It was rain. Waterings would have covered the whole patio in a small flood.
        Last edited by ladymuck; 9 September 2020, 14:43.

Comment

Sitting in garden when a pigeon landed on trellis nearby. It flew off when I started moaning to myself. Unsympathetic little bastard, I wont' be leaving him any seed this winter.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Sitting in garden when a pigeon landed on trellis nearby. It flew off when I started moaning to myself. Unsympathetic little bastard, I wont' be leaving him any seed this winter.
            That sounds so wrong

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Everything Eek Twin B wants to take to university is in the front room. Mrs Eek has been insistent that I have nothing to do with loading the car.

Mrs Eek is now asking me to load said items from the front room to the car
              Nope told them they had to load it, a few hundred miles later they started to say - "you left X behind" I just smiled.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                WTF are all those things? some kind of upstart mickey mouse PC stuff?
                I'm talking about Real computers here.
                harrumph hmph mutter mutter
                I didn't mention the CAP-16 assembler on the GA-16-220 mini.

That was pretty irony.

There's a stupid fat bastard spouting about the Rule of Six on the wireless.

Why is he still breathing?

A definite waste of oxygen.

In other news, have met the new neighbour, the new neighbour's mum, and the new neighbour's dad.

30 years old single guy, spark in Treasure Island as Margam used to be termed, big plans for rewiring house and not a gardener.

It amazes me that people buy houses with gardens the size of these who don't want to take care of them.

Bit more gardening done.

Fed the cat.

Cuddled the cat.

Had a shower.

Time to make tea.

Forgot to mention the potato crop this year: six, three of which are the size of large peas, two a bit bigger, and the last the size of my big toe.

It's been a funny old year.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2020, 16:33.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Arrived in Villefranche sur Mer. 2100km indirect route. Drive through from Montpellier was through a rain storm for 80 miles like I've only ever experienced in Africa before.

By the time we arrived, it was 6pm and 29°C. Mrs Scruff straight into La Med. Rosé chilling in the fridge for after dinner on the terrace.

Not looking forward to 14 days iso when we return, but it's a fair price to pay.

Masks are obligatoire.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It’s our 9th wedding anniversary today.

Unlike some scouring products, I don’t mean it’s the 9th time I’ve got married.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      It’s our 9th wedding anniversary today.

Unlike some scouring products, I don’t mean it’s the 9th time I’ve got married.

Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                      X