• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Hazy out, I'd say. High level cloud with bits of blue poking through. 11 degrees at the moment but no wind, so it'd probably be pleasantly fresh if I went outside. Forecast high of 21 later, low chance of precipitation and looks like it'll get sunnier.

First coffee being drunk.

Saw that a heatwave is expected next week in Southern England. Perfect timing to be in Glasgow

Bins have been collected.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      It's been bumping along the bottom for years round here

In fact, according to the local copper when asked at one of the Neighbourhood Watch meetings a while ago, it's only in very specific areas that they get a lot of crime reported. The block I'm on is generally fine, but up the side streets on the other side of the road is worse, and it generally gets worse further up towards town except for a couple of streets which, probably not coincidentally, have slightly larger (but still terraced) houses and a greater number of owner-occupiers. There's even one street up towards the town end where the crime all happens in the half of it nearest the main road; nothing seems to happen on the further half
      The police.uk site, of which I'm sure you're aware, can be quite informative about crime incidents.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 11 September 2020, 07:14.

Comment

Morning all
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The police.uk site, of which I'm sure you're aware, can be quite informative about crime incidents.
          Nothing at all in my area this month. How boring!
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

hmm they have improved that but still don't explain that anonymised means its moved to the centre of the postcode area.

Pity the centre of the postcode subdivision that the crimes are allocated to the same position as the mosque. Our old area it is in the old peoples home not sure they are the centre of twocing!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Morning all

liking the honesty in the sig.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                hmm they have improved that but still don't explain that anonymised means its moved to the centre of the postcode area.

Pity the centre of the postcode subdivision that the crimes are allocated to the same position as the mosque. Our old area it is in the old peoples home not sure they are the centre of twocing!
                Golden Years (2016) - IMDb

AKA "Grand Theft OAP".

So that's where Yosser Hughes ended up.

morning all

Grey.

Dark white/light grey sky.

Colder at 18.4 deg in here.

Sunless.

Dry.

Barometer showing 1014mBar and 70% RH (not that that changes).

Friday.

Washing day.

Smalls in & out of the WM, in the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

The new neighbours seem to have done a fine job decimating the brambles since the lawn is now partially covered with heaps of same.

One can almost discern the garden path again.

It shows how quickly a garden can return to scrub, and eventually (thanks to the ash trees) to forest.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

And someone is scraping something on the party wall.

Hope he doesn't scrape too hard or he'll be in here.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 September 2020, 10:21.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  liking the honesty in the sig.

You're a bit slow. It's been like that for ages!

In other news, 980g of porcini this morning

Comment

You'll be opening 'Ye Olde Pennye Bunne' stall at the village market then?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      You'll be opening 'Ye Olde Pennye Bunne' stall at the village market then?
                      I was thinking of calling it "The Intrepid Fox"

(Just to tie in to another thread)

Comment

Working...
                      X