• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been M&S chunky breaded haddock, with (homemade) chunky chips and beans. Very tasty

I don't often make chunky chips, but they were a nice change

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've followed Dr. Lindsey Fitzharris on Twitter for years and bought her book, and she's made a few appearances in Monday Links. Good to see her finally getting a TV show
      Not as inneresting as all that.

But rather more inneresting than the commentary on "Phone Booth".
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Go live weekend.

The PM disappeared around 4.30pm today.

TFB*SZ

*B=Billing.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Go live weekend.

The PM disappeared around 4.30pm today.

TFB*SZ

*B=Billing.
          typical behaviour..
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

#firstworldproblems

On arrival at Glasgow airport, I was perturbed by the lack of email automatically telling me the hire car assigned to me and where to find it. I had to queue up with the plebs instead.

Whilst in the queue I was informed I needed to get my driving licence code, something I've not needed for a while with this hire company on account of being a Preferred Plus customer. However, I duly logged in and sorted that out as instructed.

When my turn at the counter came, my code was not required and the car I had hired had been given to the couple served by the chap in the other queue. The decision seemed to have been made on the assumption that, as a status holding customer, I'd want an upgrade to a car I didn't want. Cue someone running out the door with alternative car keys for the couple and to return with the ones assigned to me. Here's hoping that couple got my free upgrade.

A G&T and a bottle of wine later, I care not a jot about any of that. Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              #firstworldproblems

On arrival at Glasgow airport, I was perturbed by the lack of email automatically telling me the hire car assigned to me and where to find it. I had to queue up with the plebs instead.

Whilst in the queue I was informed I needed to get my driving licence code, something I've not needed for a while with this hire company on account of being a Preferred Plus customer. However, I duly logged in and sorted that out as instructed.

When my turn at the counter came, my code was not required and the car I had hired had been given to the couple served by the chap in the other queue. The decision seemed to have been made on the assumption that, as a status holding customer, I'd want an upgrade to a car I didn't want. Cue someone running out the door with alternative car keys for the couple and to return with the ones assigned to me. Here's hoping that couple got my free upgrade.

A G&T and a bottle of wine later, I care not a jot about any of that. Honest.
              I'd always have the attitude that "I don't care if it's better than what I asked for, I asked for it because that's what I want"

Comment

First up on the flickering screen (although these modern ones don't flicker as much as they did back in the 1890s) was The Purge: Anarchy (2014). Pretty chronic, really. Seen better

So time for a rewatch of Olympus Has Fallen (2013), and why not

If I ever write a movie-adaptable novel, I hope I have the same agent as whoever wrote the book this one is based on, because White House Down is based on THE SAME BOOK! It's pretty impressive to sell the film rights for a book in the first place, but to sell the film rights to two studios and have them both make the film is beyond belief. My Dad's agent managed to sell the option to buy the film rights to one of his books to Swifty Lazar, which is more than most authors ever achieve, and that was just the option to buy, not the actual rights. I'm not even sure how the contracts would work if you sold the actual rights to two different studios at the same time and they both made the film, but I assume the author has done very well out of it, and good luck to them

Goodnight all
                Last edited by NickFitz; 12 September 2020, 03:33.

Comment

Bonjour from Le Baleine Joyeuse, again... morning ritual, cafe créme and croissant, followed by a swim... Lunch on Saturday is always a seafood or fish plat du jour. Yummy
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I'd always have the attitude that "I don't care if it's better than what I asked for, I asked for it because that's what I want"
                    Yeah. I failed to mention that I had booked a manual and all the other cars they had left were automatics.

Now I know I do need to get around to learning to drive an auto, I just don't want it sprung on me in that fashion.

Comment

Morning all

Earlier this morning, right up until about 5 minutes ago, there was glorious blue skies. Now it's raining, and (to me) in a rather enthusiastic fashion. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 14 later. There may be a break in the rain around lunch time.

Coffee served to me in bed. This is the life.

Comment

Working...
                      X