• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, grey and windy out. Currently 14 degrees, forecast high of 18 later. Allegedly low chance of rain and potential for the sun to come out this afternoon. Likely story!

I think today we will be sorting stuff out for a bigger trip to the tip and take stuff to the storage place. We may also venture to Ikea in Braehead or do that tomorrow if we get fed up.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Dull, grey and windy out. Currently 14 degrees, forecast high of 18 later. Allegedly low chance of rain and potential for the sun to come out this afternoon. Likely story!

I think today we will be sorting stuff out for a bigger trip to the tip and take stuff to the storage place. We may also venture to Ikea in Braehead or do that tomorrow if we get fed up.
      Mrs Eek went to Ikea on a Tuesday evening a few weeks back (5:30pm) which is the time I used to go when heading back from a client a few years ago.

At 5:30 I could be in and out in 5-10 minutes - bypass furniture, straight to the home section, pick up what I want there, collect item from warehouse, pay and go.

There was a 30 minute wait to enter the store so Mrs Eek went to Asda instead.

So my advice would be to go tomorrow when it should be quieter.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning all.

CBS with hazy cloud in shiny sarf herts.
        Sunday.

Comment

Morning

Nice and sunny out.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, already at 20°C and rising

Apparently tomorrow will be the really warm one though, with 27° forecast

Comment

29°C here...

Lunch was tartare de boeuf, avec frîtes et salade. Un demi vin rosé was required to wash it down.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunday shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons took place at 10:10 this morning.

Finally got the lamb in the oven at 11:45.

Lunch is late today.

Next door's fat cat has been provided with the comestibles it apparently needs.

Sun's out & it's quite warm out there now.

<hiatus>

Turns out some of the pears decorating the front room floor have, in fact, ripened enough to be pleasant to eat.

So I ate some.

The remainder are still like potatoes.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2020, 12:09.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

Lunch was a petit pain (home baked), with seranno ham and manchego cheese.
                    and earl grey tea.
                    CBS, warm and sunny here now.
                    oh frabjous day.
                    fish ditch cleared, pump cleaned, water level topped up.
                    I wonder if i can grow tilapia or pangassia in there? - much tastier than sodding goldfish (i should think).
                    watched proper race qualifying.*

might take a nap in a bit

*two wheels is best.

Comment

24 degrees here

Tomorrow even warmer.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X