• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS, etc
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Bonjour, mes amis

Trés chaude here, again...

Mad Mrs Scruff went paddleboarding before sunrise, whilst I made a surprise visit to the Patisserie for her breakfast. Une tarte de ananas, coco et limon, et une tarte au poire avec caramel sel.

Trés bon, it was too....

Tomorrow is the long drive home, via Dijon - I suspect that the hotel that I booked is going to be a dump, but we shall see?
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

morning

+1 for CBS.
        and KB.
        friday.
        day off

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Morning.

Need to get up.

get up to what?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but only 16°C at the moment, supposedly rising to 19° this afternoon

I need to pop along to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription at some point, so I might take a winding route and make it the daily exercise.

Comment

Morning all

Another beautiful sunny day here, north of the border. Currently 14 degrees with a forecast high of 19 later. No precipitation expected.

My day off started with a romantic trip to IKEA. Arrived shortly after opening and there was a queue but not an onerous one. All required items acquired.

Getting said items into the car required the pulling forward of driver and passenger seats which made the drive back a little uncomfortable but it was only a 15 min journey.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Just a bottle of rosé on the terrace, overlooking Cap Ferrat lighthouse. Jazz band playing down below.

Mrs Scruff went night-swimming in the ocean, on her own - quite Byronesque...and equally mad.
                this you ?

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  Mrs Scruff went night-swimming in the ocean, on her own - quite Byronesque...and equally mad.
                  I used to do quite a bit of SCUBA diving when I was younger. The two things that I hated about this were 1) being on the surface and not being able to see what was eyeing you up for its lunch, and 2) night diving (see point 1).

Mrs S is clearly made of sterner stuff than I.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                  Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Walk walked.

Bracing breeze, but warm enough to work up a little bit of a sweat.

Sunny.

CBS.

I may put up some more shelves in the garage this afternoon in a no doubt futile attempt to organise stuff betterer.

Gallon in a pint pot springs to mind.

WTF am I supposed to do with the bin bags of soot I found in one of the sheds?

No garden to spread it on any more.

There's a five gallon drum of "antiseptic" in there as well.

And a gallon can of some long forgotten lubricating oil.

<hiatus, Specifically In General>

WTF is that still spouting his nonsense Specifically In General?

Then again, if all the s were banned General would be empty.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 September 2020, 11:57.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I've spent about half-an-hour now alternating between trying to decide what to have for lunch and trying to decide what to have for tea

Comment

Working...
                      X