• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping chores done. HWMBO picked up some watermelon and a bottle of Tequila so I could have the Pharaoh Cooler cocktail I had my eye on trying. It's very refreshing.

Family visit done where I scored some Tunnocks wafer biscuits to take home. I know they are available in London but surely they're fresher if acquired closer to the source?

Watched yesterday's TdF highlights and am waiting for today's to air. Some football nonsense on, literally called "Sport Fillers", that seems to be focussed on goals from the past goodness knows how many years.

Comment

Chips, sausages and beans for dinner.

Watching Lodgers For Codgers.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dinner was M&S steak pie (flaky crust),chips and peas.
        and a nice Rioja.
        ents will be Vera.

happy friday all.

Comment

Entertainment: "Hidden Wales" on BBC1W, about coal.

There used to be a lot of coal mining in Wales but the only active mine he visited was in Ystradgynlais and it's opencast.

They've gone down deep enough (500 feet or so) to find old workings.

Now watching Susan Calman's Secret Scotland, which led with the Falkirk Boat Lift, most impressive.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the photo on De Montfort students blackface photo disciplinary action taken - BBC News, the building on the right left is a former shoe factory that was owned by the chap who was the first occupant of the house that now includes my flat
            Last edited by NickFitz; 18 September 2020, 20:47.

Comment

Reheated random selection of left overs for dinner.

Many cocktails have been imbibed.

Watching S1E1 of Futurama.

Comment

Tea has been the Food of the Gods: steak & kidney Pukka Pie, homemade chunky chips, peas, and gravy. Lovely stuff

The Maris Pipers I got from Iceland turn out to make an excellent chip; apparently they were grown in Shropshire, so we have the borderlands making a bid to oust East Anglia as my preferred source of spuds

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the photo on De Montfort students blackface photo disciplinary action taken - BBC News, the building on the right is a former shoe factory that was owned by the chap who was the first occupant of the house that now includes my flat
                  On the left, I meant

Comment

That's actually the new factory built in, IIRC, the early 1920s after the original one on the same site, built by his father, burned down.

Comment

Much enjoyment has been had from watching S1 of Futurama.

Comment

Working...
                      X