• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning update: my brother and his wife are still in a hotel. The electrician who was supposed to be working on their house had only been turning up one day a week, and seemed to have made no progress whatsoever, and my brother finally complained about how slowly things were going to the firm he works for.

Turns out the electrician had been telling his bosses he'd been there every day for the past few weeks and, on further investigation, finally admitted that he'd been ducking the job because he didn't know how to deal with a house that had been struck by lightning and was completely out of his depth

So now the firm has assigned two competent electricians to the job, but they're having to start from scratch because none of the previous guy's work, including his assessment that they didn't need a complete rewire, can be trusted

Comment

Various cuttings have been taken:
      4x purple magnolia (Probably won’t take, wrong time of year)
      4x white dwarf magnolia (see above)
      4x front door rose
      4x mum rose (white one bought and planted when my mum died)
      4x bleeding heart rose
      4x lavender
      4x rosemary (which are from a plant that was a cutting from a plant at my last house)

Is it time for a drink yet?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Waiting in the airport to go home. Makes a change to watch the turn round process rather than sit in a lounge with no view.

Comment

That's odd. They load the luggage into containers and then unload the containers into the aircraft. Feels very inefficient but I suspect it's a lack of machinery to get the containers into the hold.

Comment

Pilot is now doing his walk about. Giving the tyres a kick.

Comment

Well there's a thing: I have a gallon of Vigzol lubricating oil.

Sternol - Motor Sport Magazine.

That advert is from 1952.

Vigzol Oil Co - Graces Guide

Bust in 1972.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

It's a bit warm in London. I'm very pleased I wore a jumper today.

Comment

Late light lunch: a couple of rounds of buttered wholemeal toast

Comment

It's gone all grey outside.

Maybe it's an eclipse.

Yet more pears duly stewed.

I think I'm approaching the stewed pear event horizon.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X