• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark again

Autumn starts tomorrow afternoon at 14:30 BST.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      dinner was M&S chicken, ham and leek pie.
      with a nice rioja blanco.
      ents: yesterday's motogp, then UC, then tbd.

finally tried ocado for delivery, got one, now it's a fecking desert again.
      can only see three days, and no slots.
      sainsburys have three weeks on their calendar FFS.
      I can get a delivery on Sunday. One a week still, which is plenty enough.

My biggest gripe about the change to M&S at the moment is no more haddock fish fingers. Marginally offset by now having deliveries of almond and pistachio cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        More shelves erected in the garage on the last bit of wall that hasn't got any.

Managed to drop a 2 stroke generator on my foot whilst doing it, much to my joy.

Luckily it wasn't the 4 stroke generator or I'd really have a bad foot.

The brackets are on the uprights and there's one piece of conti up, the rest is waiting for me to find the Lidl(tm) plunge saw to cut the remainder up.

It's in here somewhere. .

Tea: more of yesterday's roast beef, whilst the stewed pears (sans custard) have already been consumed, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea currently about to brew.

I am knackered.

I am a big fan of steel toe capped shoes. The modern ones aren't that heavy and have sole plating (so you don't notice stepping on nails).

Lidl/Aldi do them for < £20.

Also great for kicking the tulip out of cupboards when dismantling them etc.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I hit Iceland today for the important stuff. 2 * 24 toilet rolls £5.50 per pack. We now have 100 in the house.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just noticed that yesterday I fell short of closing my red ring by ten calories, thereby ending a three-ring streak started on 26 May

I could have just walked to the kitchen and back a few times if I'd noticed

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I am a big fan of steel toe capped shoes. The modern ones aren't that heavy and have sole plating (so you don't notice stepping on nails).

Lidl/Aldi do them for < £20.

Also great for kicking the tulip out of cupboards when dismantling them etc.
              I've got some.

I wasn't wearing them of course*.

In the event it didn't matter a lot this time, there's not a mark on my foot.

Entertainment: the remainder of "Making Alien 3" which occupied an otherwise tedious 45 minutes or so.

Followed by "Ghosts" on BBC1 England (Wales doesn't get it until Wednesday).

Now watching "The Diagnosis Detectives" on BBC2.

Xogg will be disappointed that the rectal probing wasn't broadcast.

As a Doctor, I came up with "lupus" about a minute before it was mentioned.

The next poor sod fell off a scaffold & is left with fits and is generally fecked, and not in a good way.

Not blood pressure related according to his test.

The woman is having blood tests for tick borne diseases.

Now they're considering the chap may have epilepsy.

He had a seizure while he was wired up to an eeg.

Not epilepsy.

Some functional disorder.

The tick tests came back negative.

Got a macular rash. ?Still's disease?

Her disease is responding to treatment.

*No idea where they are, they're in here "somewhere".
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 September 2020, 21:00.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ents has been The Repair Shop, such a lovely programme.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

I'm thinking of setting up the gammon joint I got last week in the slow cooker with some veg and cooking it overnight, ready for adding split peas and lentils tomorrow morning to turn it into soup in time for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You need to do some online shopping.

Or reach out to a local Covid group and see if someone can help you acquire some.
                    Tescum are making a delivery tomorrow am. Luckily I got a slot this afternoon - how fortunate?

Thanks for the thoughts - In vino, veritas.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

All up to date on Strike.

Cider bubbling away in the kitchen

TFBSZ.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X