• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Booked an appointment on October 7th

And the monthly prescription is due for a "medication review" but from what I could gather from the mumbling person on the phone, they're going to sort that out without my having to see anyone.
    i got one tomorrow, after calling this morning.

was offered today, but it clashed with a PM's interminable tediousity of a fecking meeting.
    geez,
    why, oh why, do PM's insist on asking questions when they're woefully unequipped to understand the fecking answers?

I despair.
    total waste of space and time, as usual.

Comment

More shelves installed (as opposed to erected (which happened yesterday).

The overwhelming greyness eventually ended up with the endless drizzle, which has duly set in and will last until May.

Put a new bulb in the lamp, tested it in the house, walked down to the garage, turned it on and it lasted all of five seconds before going out again.

The 2nd one out of that packet lasted 0 seconds since it didn't work at all.

A 3rd out of a different packet worked twice.

I don't hold out much hope for it to work the third time.

The Lidl(tm) lamp on a stand that's resided in the garage for years has rusted the screw into the alloy casing so that'll be a joy to extract.

It'll have to be drilled out.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, more stewed pears, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I'm knackered again.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cloudy and dark.

What a fine way to not end a summer.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Cloudy and dark.

What a fine way to not end a summer.
          Just wait a little, the drizzle will be along shortly.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Just wait a little, the drizzle will be along shortly.
            i think it's just arrived here in soon-to-be-soggy sarf herts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Paint a dartboard on your arm and stand very still
              Come to think of it, they've got a big fire escape with a door onto one of its landings at first floor level, so if they come out on there I can stick my arm out of my kitchen window and they can poke at me with one of those grabby telescopic claw things used for picking fruit

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                But not now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Come to think of it, they've got a big fire escape with a door onto one of its landings at first floor level, so if they come out on there I can stick my arm out of my kitchen window and they can poke at me with one of those grabby telescopic claw things used for picking fruit
                  I still like darting you from a drone.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Put a new bulb in the lamp, tested it in the house, walked down to the garage, turned it on and it lasted all of five seconds before going out again.

The 2nd one out of that packet lasted 0 seconds since it didn't work at all.

A 3rd out of a different packet worked twice.

I don't hold out much hope for it to work the third time.
                    Sounds like an electrical issue in the garage?

Comment

I did a useful thing and also discovered I'm an idiot.

Useful: found out how to get Dell Display Manager running on my client-issued laptop without the need to install it, so it is now possible to use the built-in KVM properly

Idiot: my Synology NAS hadn't failed, so I didn't need to buy a new one. The cable had fallen out of the power brick when I was having a tidy up

Comment

Working...
                      X