• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Sounds like an electrical issue in the garage?
    no, it's the old baird TV he switches on at 07:00 every morning

I did a useful thing and also discovered I'm an idiot.

Useful: found out how to get Dell Display Manager running on my client-issued laptop without the need to install it, so it is now possible to use the built-in KVM properly

Idiot: my Synology NAS hadn't failed, so I didn't need to buy a new one. The cable had fallen out of the power brick when I was having a tidy up
    are you now, or have you ever been,a Powerpoint Monkey??

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      are you now, or have you ever been,a Powerpoint Monkey??
      No, but I think that's the way my career is heading

Comment

NOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo!

don't do it.

Comment

Idiot: my Synology NAS hadn't failed, so I didn't need to buy a new one. The cable had fallen out of the power brick when I was having a tidy up
          Just after I read that I discovered that the USB3 hub hooked up to my iMac, off which various backup and data drives dangle, had mysteriously given up the ghost

So I unplugged its power adapter, leaving it still plugged into one of the USB3 ports on the Mac, and it somehow started working again - well, its blue lights that indicate if something's plugged into a socket started working, but I'm not sure if it was actually working properly. I tried plugging the power back in and the lights went off again, which is kind of the opposite of how things are supposed to be

I've switched over to an old USB2 hub for now, but in light of your experience, I'll have to experiment and see if it actually is broken or not

Comment

Sounds like an electrical issue in the garage?
            Not really, it's running on a selection of extension leads at the moment, until I steal the cable from next door.

Just poor quality bulbs from B&Q IIRC.

The poorest quality bulbs ever were the ten 100W rough service bulbs from Maplin, "Everready" make, all of which were crap, a couple exploded out of the fitting, and at least 6 had a lifetime of about 5 seconds each.

Entertainment: "The curious life & death of Brian Jones" on Smithsonian, followed by "The curious life & death of a Titanic child".

Then it's on to "Alien Resurrection".
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

dinner was the other half of the pie, with the other half of the Rioja.
              ents: i'm attempting schitts creek, but, being septic, i'm not sure it'll appeal.
              i'll probably just want, no, NEED, to punch people.
              septic two dimensional overemotional pilloks do that to me.

Comment

Watched an episode of The Repair Shop and am now watching University Challenge.

Dinner was macaroni cheese with some left over shredded ham hock mixed in.

Comment

that was yesterday's TV.
                  you live in a timewarp?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    that was yesterday's TV.
                    you live in a timewarp?
                    I only have access to TV via web so I very rarely watch anything live. I refuse to pay for Sky or Virgin.

Comment

Better pay and more exposure to promotions!

Though it would suck the life out of me.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X