• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    Is that Surrey posh talk for King Billy??

King Billy batted for Sussex and was from the Netherlands. He's got nothing to do with Surrey!
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Grey sky/white sky/black sky/blue sky.

Dry/raining/torrential/drippy.

Sunless/sunless/sunless/sunny.

Dire.

Depressing.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Colder in here at 18.5 deg today.

992 mBar and 68% RH.

Apparently it's Thursday since the refuse disposal operatives have made off with my unwanted binbags and recycling.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Morning denizens

Coronavirus test result came through at 6:13 this morning. I daresay it's because we've been in local lockdown all summer that things are running smoothly here, but I reckon being able to get a test in less than two hours and having the results in about eighteen hours isn't that bad going really

Negative, BTW

The lurgy lingers but as it's now causing a bit of a runny nose, I assume it's just a cold

Sunny out (which was not on the agenda) and only up to 11°C so far; chance of rain later

Good news! (test result, not the lingering lurgy)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          King Billy batted for Sussex and was from the Netherlands. He's got nothing to do with Surrey!
          not THAT King Billy.
          King Billy, as in noverywarm.

Comment

The John Lewis app has just alerted me to the launch of their Christmas advert video...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The John Lewis app has just alerted me to the launch of their Christmas advert video...

https://twitter.com/JonathanDean_/st...60112443035651

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I'm already onto my second selection box and bumper box of Roses chocolates.

'Tis the season to be jolly, fah-la-la-la la-la-la...
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

I have a common cold.

I was doing my weekly flu survey, which was originally only for the cold season, put in my symptoms and it diagnosed me as having a common cold.

So I will carry on sneezing and coughing away hiding from delivery people.

https://flusurvey.net/
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Can't wait to see this one.

Men and woman in hazmat suits, tossing bodies into mass graves. It is snowing and they are singing. We zoom out to find we are watching a zoom funeral. The camera cuts between many families all doing the same zoom funeral. Final shot is bodies being burnt. It was never snow.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Walk walked.

Impressive squall on the way up, then the sun came out on the way back down.

There were some unfortunates attempting to make some sort of documentary on the path next to the leat.

I may be a star.

Blue sky now visible through the gap in the curtains.

Lunch (shortly): Heinz soup**, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea*.

*This packet seems a bit lower quality than usual, not so strong.

Someone just plugged sommat in next door.

That party wall isn't thick enough.

Thank feck he's ditched the idea of taking the chimney breasts away.

**Carrot & Coriander. Seemed rather pleasant today.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 September 2020, 11:27.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X