• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken and chips for tea

Looks like this week's Big Chicken should yield a sizeable bounty of soup

Not sure which kind to make, but the weather today inclines me towards the zingy one.

Comment

Final check and nobody has made use of the recycling bin, so for this week it remains untrundled

Rather damp and chilly out, but the cloud has cleared a bit allowing for a good view of Jupiter and Saturn in the south and Mars over to the east

Comment

Just checked and we only have 2 bottles of sloe gin and 3 bottles of grape vodka left.

Better make more gin while the cider is bubbling away.

In other news, TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Thankfully that's "The making of Alien IV" done & dusted.

Just the "Bonus" dvd left.

Caught the end of some lunatic prog on Blaze featuring Eric Von Daniken and some ancient aluminium (or aluminum) wedge in Transylvania.

Now watching some orange lying twat spouting crap on BBC News.

Paging LHO, paging LHO.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Onwards in to the sunlit green uplands of ST:TNG tonight with S5E2 Darmok (TV Episode 1991), an excellent exploration of not just the nature of language, but the relationship between thought and language and how they together condition the nature, and even the possibility, of communication between different cultures

And then S5E3, Ensign Ro (TV Episode 1991), which is less philosophical but expands the programme's general approach to the disparate cultures making up the Federation's bit of the galaxy by establishing some solid backstory for the Bajorans and Kardassians, as well as introducing the eponymous ensign as a recurring cast member who is, at the very least, less annoying than Wesley who used to occupy her seat.

It's interesting to see how, although things had improved considerably over the first four seasons (or series), series (or season) five saw them achieving a clear improvement - a quantum leap to a higher energy level, as Wesley might have put it - in the general quality of the show. I daresay I could find many thousands of words exploring and explaining this, even dating back to contemporaneous Usenet newsgroups, if I cared enough to search for them. But I'm just happy to take the better episodes and leave it at that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all.
              dark
              grey
              dank
              king billy
              but - FRIDAY!

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...

I'm cured, too [emoji851]
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

you off your meds again?

Comment

Morning all

Wet, raining, dark, dank. Not a nice day at all. Currently 9 degrees, forecast high of 13 later. There is a small chance the rain will stop and the clouds clear this evening, as it gets dark. Barometer up to 997 mBar.

First coffee about to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      you off your meds again?
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X