• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soup finally came to fruition, and I think it's the best I've managed of this variety so far - just the right balance of zinginess with the other aspects of the flavour

And I also managed to get the liquidity spot on. Usually, I need to reduce it for a bit once the lid comes off, but with this one it was spot on - lid off, stir thoroughly, and gloop it into the bowl for immediate consumption

I'm looking forward to seeing how the flavours develop and stabilise with a night in the fridge. I reckon it should turn out really well. And there's loads of it, so I'd better have some for lunch tomorrow as it'll be tricky getting it all in the freezer

Comment

Had a bottle of Cremant d’Alsace earlier - on offer in Waitrose at £9.99 a bottle. Brought back memories of when I was working then 15 years ago.

Anyway, TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

One has finally extracted all one wants out of the Alien Quadrilogy.

I almost lost the will to live when scanning through the laser disc extras.

Ignored all the still photographs too.

Just watched 30 seconds of one of those ridiculous Alien Contact things on Quest.

Full of septics talking bollocks, much like all the other Alien encounter type stuff on that channel and Blaze.

Other than that WWTFHS.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Ents tonight has been a couple of episodes of "The world accordingto Jeff Goldblum" on Disney+

Better than I expected it to be, funny and entertaining . Goldblum doesn't take himself so seriously that it's all about him.

Also, he can't run like a normal person.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Tonight's first watch was something Norwegian, and also a rewatch: Babycall (2011), in which a Norwegian woman fleeing a violent partner with her son hears troubling things on a cross-signal picked up by the eponymous baby monitor

After that, I dithered a bit trying ten minutes here, twenty minutes there of various films, none of which seemed to fit my mood. So in the end I just decided to rewatch Eye in the Sky (2015) as I knew I'd enjoyed it in the past, and it really is very good and definitely one of those films that people don't seem to talk about but is one of the best of its ilk, to the extent that it has an ilk

And then another episode of The Sopranos; it'll be S3E1 by my calculations, and involves a desk lamp

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Sunny.

Perishingly cold at 16.1 deg in here. Brrrrrr.

CBS which probably explains it.

1014 mBar and 65% RH.

Apparently it's Saturday, though how one would tell this if the clock didn't inform one I really don't know.

Other than the nonsense that the wireless is currently spouting being different from the stuff it spouts in the week.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 September 2020, 08:20.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                Didn’t sleep well last night.

CBS etc now. Will probably do some gardening.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky, lovely sunny morning. Currently 9 degrees with a forecast high of 13 and cloud cover increasing as the day progresses. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1007 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

I was supposed to be at the British Museum this morning for a members' viewing hour of their Tantra exhibition but I'm not feeling great, general malaise, so have only just gotten up.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    One has finally extracted all one wants out of the Alien Quadrilogy.

I almost lost the will to live when scanning through the laser disc extras.

Ignored all the still photographs too.

Just watched 30 seconds of one of those ridiculous Alien Contact things on Quest.

Full of septics talking bollocks, much like all the other Alien encounter type stuff on that channel and Blaze.

Other than that WWTFHS.
                    You had a bottle of Cremant d'Alsace too? What a funny coincidence!

Comment

morning all
                      Saturday.
                      CBS
                      King Billy.
                      Strangely enough, my printer was borked this morning.
                      first time printing for 6+ months, out of ink
                      fortunately, had a whole set of spares.

Comment

Working...
                      X