• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Afternoon all.

Chilly, fairly CBS out there.

Can't get going this morning, just really lacking enthusiasm. I'm at the midway point of a long contract - steady but unexciting. I'm looking productive by sitting on a call about what seems to be an application issue but which will undoubtedly be blamed on the network.

Comment

Needing to have a long think about the future here.

This contract runs until April. Need to work out whether there's a realistic chance of picking up another contract, or landing an extension, at that point. Unless the market improves that looks moderately dodgy. This contract is steady but unexciting - they're not exactly demanding!

There's a university up the road about ten minutes' walk who want a network engineer. I could in theory (were I to get it) work that out for as many years as I wanted for a quiet life.

I had been considering a full time move to management but that seems out of the question right now.

I'm sure I never used to have this uncertainty when I was younger. It was just a case of land the contract, do the contract (mostly in the public sector back then). The risks in what we do make me a little uneasy these days.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
          Needing to have a long think about the future here.

This contract runs until April. Need to work out whether there's a realistic chance of picking up another contract, or landing an extension, at that point. Unless the market improves that looks moderately dodgy. This contract is steady but unexciting - they're not exactly demanding!

There's a university up the road about ten minutes' walk who want a network engineer. I could in theory (were I to get it) work that out for as many years as I wanted for a quiet life.

I had been considering a full time move to management but that seems out of the question right now.

I'm sure I never used to have this uncertainty when I was younger. It was just a case of land the contract, do the contract (mostly in the public sector back then). The risks in what we do make me a little uneasy these days.

You are Zeity's love child and I claim my £5.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            You are Zeity's love child and I claim my £5.
            The possibility of growing into Zeity over the next 30-odd years had crossed my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Contemplating lighting the Rayburn.

Failing that, I might light the fire.

In other news, we have a sick chicken.
              Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Morning all

The Dog (no TW) is unwell.
              Any connection?

Comment

Walk walked.

It started spotting with rain but never turned into much.

Still cold at 16.5 deg in here so I've turned the fan heater on before I get hypothermia.

Turns out I bought that AVP cassette in Woolies in 2006.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (as opposed to poached tomato and scrambled egg) on Morrisons multigrain toast (non crust since that was thinner than the slice), two bramble jelly sandwiches using said crusts, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Still grey here.

Still cold here.

Goodness me it's grey grey grey.

And misty with it.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

There's an ambulance and paramedic car outside the doctor's

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    There's an ambulance and paramedic car outside the doctor's
                    They're now leaving. No idea if they took on any cargo.

Comment

Lunch: ham, pea and lentil soup, with wholemeal bread. Peppery!

Comment

Working...
                      X