• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The part for my printer has arrived.

It's the wrong part.

Looking again at the website, I see I did pick the wrong item based on the photo. Further investigations show that they use the same photo (of the part I do need) against three different parts, leaving me none the wiser as to what I actually need to buy.

Comment

Just cracked my knee (left) against the bathroom door jamb

Good job I got the exercising done earlier

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Just cracked my knee (left) against the bathroom door jamb

Good job I got the exercising done earlier
        Ouch.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          The part for my printer has arrived.

It's the wrong part.

Looking again at the website, I see I did pick the wrong item based on the photo. Further investigations show that they use the same photo (of the part I do need) against three different parts, leaving me none the wiser as to what I actually need to buy.
          Not very helpful of them. Must be some kind of an error in the process of converting the parts department's Excel spreadsheet and a folder of assorted images called things like IMG_001_497.jpg taken by an intern with an old digital camera into a usable website

Comment

Just burn a pan. But I cleaned it up and the food (meat) wasn't burn. Odd.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A bit of to-ing and fro-ing later, with an exchange of saucy printer part photos, the correct part has been identified.

The part I need is being sent to me, and I'm returning the errant part.

Phew!

Comment

And I managed to briskly walk down to the post office on Gloucester Road to drop off the parcel before it closed. I also sent my accounts back to the accountant.

What a swizz that click and drop thing is with Royal Mail. I couldn't print the postage so you're supposed to be able to give a QR code at the post office and they print the post paid label for you. Except the lady behind the counter said the system wasn't accepting the code and it had to be done at a delivery office like the main one on Kensington High Street. Hopefully the refund process will be ok.

Comment

Even greyer, with some much grey that the origianl grey has gone gray.

Dark.

Damp.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Cold.

Unpleasant.

Feck me, 6 months of this & we'll all be hanging from something and not in a good way.

It's all well & good whilst the sun is shining.

Aside from reading the Monday links, I've just finished "Engineers of Victory" by Paul Kennedy.

Rather good if you like WWII stuff about logistics & engineering.

Them next door have been banging about all afternoon, with some scraping thrown in for good measure.

I did contemplate regifting other next door's chairs that have graced my shed for 18 months to their shed, but since it's dark, drizzly and miserable I stayed in instead.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

That reminds me.

It's a lovely afternoon. Blue sky with fluffy blobs and really quite warm out.

Comment

Bah fecking humbug!
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X