• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    AVP: Requiem: continuation of AVP wherein one of the Predators is infected with an Alien giving rise to a PredAlien which returns to Earth on a Predator shuttle and crash lands in Colorado.

There's also a shedload of facehuggers on the shuttle and after crash landing, No Good Comes Of This as the population gets duly decimated by the Aliens and the Predator (this last has travelled from the Predator home world when the alarm was raised).

It's the darkest film ever and I've had to watch it with the lights off so I can see WTF is going on.

There's two commentary tracks too.
    Ah that's the one. I remember now, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Ah that's the one. I remember now, thank you.
      No problemo.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've never seen the AVP films. I think I've still got a Predator one I haven't watched too, so maybe I'll try them when I've finally got around to that

Tonight's viewing here was another one I've never seen before, or not that I can remember: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989). It was, frankly, an unmitigated pile of crap, and I don't imagine I'll ever bother watching it again either

But I had to get through it because I've watched the ones before it and I want to see the ones after it, at least some of which are OK, and obviously I couldn't watch them until I'd got this one out of the way
      I watched that back in the mysts of tyme before the plague struck.

Now still stuck 6 months or more later since I don't have a copy of "Intervention" which I want to watch before continuing with the remainder.

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Slightly warmer at 17.1 deg.

1015 mBar and 65% RH.

Tuesday.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 September 2020, 08:33.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies,
        Sunshine,
        Cool but not cold.
        No wind.
        Beautiful day.
        And I'm stuck inside here.

Breakfast has been a couple of granola flapjacks left over from Sunday's cycling efforts.

2 coffees down.

Fortifying myself to explain that just because you are using Containers, does not absolve you from the need to secure them properly.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Morning all

Blue skies,
          Sunshine,
          Cool but not cold.
          No wind.
          Beautiful day.
          And I'm stuck inside here.

Breakfast has been a couple of granola flapjacks left over from Sunday's cycling efforts.

2 coffees down.

Fortifying myself to explain that just because you are using Containers, does not absolve you from the need to secure them properly.
          But but but, they are self contained because it's within a container....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Morning all

To stop illegal immigrants getting in??

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              But but but, they are self contained because it's within a container....
              people will use any excuse to continue being stupid.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                To stop illegal immigrants getting in??
                Surely securing the container stops them getting out?

Comment

I think the issue is the air holes required to ensure the illegal immigrants don't die from oxygen deprivation.

(Worryingly that is actually correct, the risk with the containers DaveB is talking about is always the "airholes" that connect the container to the outside world.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

At my Client, I'm having to explain to developers that they will get full admin rights over their VM's but they will only get read-only access into the Azure Portal so they can view all the resources for their product, etc. They're demaning 'full access' because that's what they're used to getting. They think they need that in order to turn VMs off and on again (a simple tweak grants that).

I've asked them if they have 'full access' to the data centre where their VMs currently reside, or do they just RDP/SSH onto the target device. When I ask what tasks they need to complete in the Azure Portal, I get:

Comment

that implies they weren't secure to start with doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X