• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Who is this Zeity of whom you speak?
    The Giant Alien Lizard who left in high dudgeon some years ago, apparently.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2020, 12:22.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I think Virgin Media Business offer them, but I'm just with plain old Virgin Media.

Last time it changed, they gave me one that had previously been geolocated to some remote spot a few miles north of Neath, so that's where Google Maps insisted on starting for me for a few weeks
      Yep virgin media business do but Virgin Media won't as why would any consumer want a fixed IP address. I actually don't have it for my Business account as I've never actually seen the need - I don't have anything that requires me to lock down to specific IP addresses.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yep virgin media business do but Virgin Media won't as why would any consumer want a fixed IP address. I actually don't have it for my Business account as I've never actually seen the need - I don't have anything that requires me to lock down to specific IP addresses.
        Apart from remote debugging, I have it mainly configured for inbound rules on AWS Security Groups. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if they even take domain names or if they're restricted to IP addresses and ranges.

Comment

Lunch suitable for the grey, damp day: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with both kinds of bread

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Apart from remote debugging, I have it mainly configured for inbound rules on AWS Security Groups. Thinking about it, I'm not sure if they even take domain names or if they're restricted to IP addresses and ranges.
            It's also worth saying that I think the Business package is cheaper than the undiscounted consumer product - I know I pay less now for the business account than I did when I removed the pointless phone line from the consumer account.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch is beans on toast.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                It's also worth saying that I think the Business package is cheaper than the undiscounted consumer product - I know I pay less now for the business account than I did when I removed the pointless phone line from the consumer account.
                I'll have to have a look at them. Apart from anything else, the phone line hasn't worked for ten years - they'd fix it, it'd break again within a month or so, and in the end I just gave up because what use is a landline anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Lunch is beans on toast.
                  Pfffftttt...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It's finally stopped raining for a while.

I wonder if a walk might be walked without getting drenched.

I see a patch of blue sky so I'm off out now just.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 September 2020, 14:42.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There has been a slight moistening of the ground but there's nothing actively ongoing at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X