• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Feels dark out. Not sure if it's because it's overcast, or later sunrise, or both. Currently 12 degrees and dry with a forecast high of 15 later and the cloud giving way to some sunshine. High chance of rain this evening. Barometer down to 997 mBar.

First coffee has been drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
      Well, I put in my application to Local Uni Job just before the closing time (forgot it was tonight - oops!).

No supporting statement but included my CV which is very detailed....

Good luck!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey but dry out; 10°C and not destined to get much beyond 13° later, possibly accompanied by showers

I had a rubbish night's sleep, much disturbed by weird and unsettling dreams

One hypothesis I've formulated is that this is because I still have the summer duvet on the bed and it just isn't warm enough; I wasn't exactly cold, but it definitely wasn't toasty. An alternative hypothesis is that it was due to having a pot of tea late afternoon, as I'm not used to having caffeine at that time of day. But it seems unlikely it would still be affecting me so much ten or more hours later.

I'll have to remember to change to the medium duvet today and see if I sleep better tonight. If so, I can then reintroduce the teapot to the equation and determine if that has any influence

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Tired so I'm going to be scummy and leave the washing up to do in the morning.

I will regret this decision in the morning but that's tomorrow's problem.

Washing up has been done. I stacked it all neatly and then did it in stages in between meetings, while making coffee.

Comment

Morning all

Dry.

Sunny.

Clear blue sky.

Slightly cooler. 17.1 deg.

998 mBar and 65% RH.

Thursday.

It transpires that yesterday's leap over the overflowing leat was not a good idea since the left knee is complaining quite a lot.

Ho hum.

You can't win, sometimes you can't even break even.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Grey but dry out; 10°C and not destined to get much beyond 13° later, possibly accompanied by showers

I had a rubbish night's sleep, much disturbed by weird and unsettling dreams

One hypothesis I've formulated is that this is because I still have the summer duvet on the bed and it just isn't warm enough; I wasn't exactly cold, but it definitely wasn't toasty. An alternative hypothesis is that it was due to having a pot of tea late afternoon, as I'm not used to having caffeine at that time of day. But it seems unlikely it would still be affecting me so much ten or more hours later.

I'll have to remember to change to the medium duvet today and see if I sleep better tonight. If so, I can then reintroduce the teapot to the equation and determine if that has any influence
              DO keep us posted on developments, the excitement is palpable

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                DO keep us posted on developments, the excitement is palpable
                Agreed. It sounds like a fine experiment.

I keep my 13 10.5 tog duvet on all year round as I can't be dealing with changing weights of coverings. If I'm too hot in the summer, I just kick the cover off or stick a leg out.
                Last edited by ladymuck; 1 October 2020, 08:50. Reason: wrong tog weight!

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  You guys watch loads of TV & movies! You'll burn out the pixels, soon enough [emoji39]
                  In my defence, I seldom have the TV on before 10pm other than watching a bit of rubbish (usually on Pick or a similar channel of repeats) while I eat

But speaking of Pick, they're starting ST:DS9 from the beginning today at 18:00. I must series record that as I haven't seen any of it since it was first on, and maybe it'll be something to watch when I finally get to the end of ST:TNG

Comment

10pm usually has me in bed listening to "The World Tonight" on R4. I don't think that I have ever managed to listen to all the episodes of "Book of The Week", without falling asleep at some point (or "Book at Bedtime" - ladymuck)
                    Last edited by Scruff; 1 October 2020, 11:06. Reason: ladymuck...
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      10pm usually has me in bed listening to "The World Tonight" on R4. I don't think that I have ever managed to listen to all the episodes of "Book of The Week", without falling asleep at some point.
                      I tend to miss Book of the Week (didn't it used to be called Book at Bedtime?) but it's repeated in the day time so not so much a problem to catch up on. Similarly, I end up missing The World Tonight, which is good when I remember to put it on.

I used to like the 11pm funny half hour but it's gone a bit naff lately. Today in Parliament at 11:30pm can be interesting but I'm usually asleep by the end of it.

Comment

Working...
                      X