• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was very nice and it prompted me to start thinking about making another pie at some point. I previously used an ale that HWMBO had left in the cupboard but I can't remember what it was.

Ents were The Repair Shop and Midnight Diner (Netflix).

It's just started raining.

The decimation of the local rental market is bringing some interesting properties up. Saw one this evening* that's the same price as mine but bigger and has a more sizable garden. Tempting...

*online, I didn't actually go there

Comment

Five more portions of Scotch broth are now packaged and cooling down ahead of their night in the fridge. The several portions of bolognese that were already in the freezer have been repacked in a bag, thereby freeing enough space for the broth tomorrow, particularly if I have a bowl for lunch.

The recycling has been taken out and the bin trundled.

And I remembered to change to the autumnal duvet, hopefully leading to a better night's sleep tonight

Comment

No bin trundling this evening. I had a goodly clear out for Tuesday's collection.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Entertainment:Possibly followed by the 2nd VHS cassette of H2G2.
          And so it was, not quite word perfect on the 2nd cassette, but funny enough in its way.

Quite sad to think that Stephen Moore is no more, but there you go, tulip happens.

That tv programme was made in 1981.

Who'd have thunk it?

And it's better than the film by quite a few nautical miles.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2020, 22:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight's only telly was the latest episode of Ambulance on iPlayer

And then a little more of Sam Pepys. The chap to whom he gave the Navy victuals contract has now fallen dangerously ill, putting Sam's expected £300/year from the deal in jeopardy

Showers due any time now, possibly continuing through the night; looking at the radar, they're from the edge of the storm that's currently bothering northern France but will be moving up tomorrow and lingering for several days

Goodnight all

Comment

When to bed when it was raining. Woke up briefly in the night and it wasn't raining.

Now it is raining. Read some interesting news. Stay safe people.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Dinner was very nice and it prompted me to start thinking about making another pie at some point. I previously used an ale that HWMBO had left in the cupboard but I can't remember what it was.

Ents were The Repair Shop and Midnight Diner (Netflix).

It's just started raining.

The decimation of the local rental market is bringing some interesting properties up. Saw one this evening* that's the same price as mine but bigger and has a more sizable garden. Tempting...

*online, I didn't actually go there
                I love Midnight Diner! You are the only other person I know who watches it. The theme tune is beautiful, and I found myself self singing it on my French excursion at odd times.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love [emoji8]
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Can't believe I missed the Harvest moon due to the rain.

I bet it will rain when we have the Blue moon.

Comment

Bloody Alex (said with French accent)

Comment

Working...
                      X