• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was an interesting read, about the real time operating systems used on things in space. The video in the middle is pointless though.

Definitely not Windows 95: What operating systems keep things running in space? | Ars Technica

And now it's time for bed.

Comment

Tired here. Have watched E1 of "The Face of Evil" (Dr Who, 1977) followed by E4 of "Love Hina."

Ready for bed now. TFBSZ.

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture was the one I've been slogging through the others for: Star Trek: First Contact (1996). With this one they finally broke free from the baggage of bad acting, laborious plots, and sententious moralising, and made an excellent sci-fi film - with cracking effects too!

This also happens to be one of the comparatively few films I've seen in the cinema back when it first came out, which is even better than getting an Oscar in terms of rarity

Anyway, you probably already know that it's excellent, but if you don't: it is

After that, I lowered my standards quite a bit for The Purge: Election Year (2016). The first two of these have been pretty wretched, but this one was a bit of a curate's egg: parts weren't too bad, though it occasionally lost it and became rubbish. Overall, it's better than its predecessors, and could have been good if it hadn't had to pay tribute to them from time to time; it should have been the first one so they had something to build on

And finally, S3E2 of The Sopranos, Proshai, Livushka (TV Episode 2001). Apparently people whinge about the CGI scenes of the mother in this one, but the first time I watched it I hadn't heard about the whinging and thought it was fine. Anyway, the important bit is the gloriously embarrassed performances of the guests when Janice hijacks the funeral with her "California bulltulip"

The rain continues, off and on.

Goodnight all

Comment

This morning's episode of Ramblings was fascinating, more so due to Prof. David Wilson's narrative.

Fascinating man whose academic and professional life worthy of his Wikipedia entry.

Out of quarantine this morning, too. Off to Hatto & Son, the butcher, to collect the 10kg dry aged Angus (whole ribeye on the bone). Been in the special fridge since 20 August. Côte de Boeuf anyone?
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Dry, as in not raining yet.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey grey grey.

Sunless.

Lighter grey across the valley boyo than the dark grey this side.

Or is it light black?

Colder at 16.8 deg in here this morning.

991 mBar and 65% RH.

Saturday.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning

I woke up in the night about 1am it was dark and raining.

I woke up in the early morning at about 4.30am it was dark and raining

I finally got out of bed at 8.30am it was dark and raining.

It is now raining even though there was a break of 20 minutes.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

morning
                wet
                miserable
                saturday
                meh

Comment

Walk walked.

Slight drizzle now & again, but nothing to speak of.

The Leg was complaining that I hadn't taken it for a walk yesterday, and continued to complain intermittently all the way round.

Comment

Beef in my fridge now. Pizzling[emoji2398] or not, there is going to be a braai this afternoon. Firepit has already been lit under the gazebo, so much warmth to be had outside for social distance sitting with my "Friend in the Bubble" (no it's not Boris, Cummings, or Hendrick).
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Lunch: Heinz pea and ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Comment

Working...
                      X