• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Sainsbury's this week
    Awful when I went on Monday. NO RASPBERRIES!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'd be fined if I went to Sainsburys since it's in Swanea and thusly out of bounds.

The afternoon, overcast though it was, was occupied with bagging up more Marley tiles, this time with the older thicker stronger black bin bags of yore.

Then it was more potching about in the garden pulling up weeds and such like.

The greenhouse is now even fuller of drying off weeds than previously.

I look forward with eager anticipation to the next bonfire, there now being sufficient vanities to keep it going for quite a while.

Tea (once I've recovered from the afternoon's exertions): Tesco non chunky breaded haddock, more stewed pears, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: TBD, possibly "Lost in La Mancha".
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 October 2020, 15:59.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Contract interview done. Simple enough questions on the technical side - just need to make sure that their expectations of being on site (in Slough, eww) match mine.

Turns out that without warning me the agent has put me into another situation with multiple parties in a chain. I did my best poker face when they mentioned the name of the ConsultancyCo in the chain and not the agency.

Parts of "Slough" can be nice, give me a shout if you get there, I will give you the tour.

I live near Slough.

well done with the interview.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mundane laundry is on, and indeed nearly done

And the concoction with the shin of beef is made, and turned out really well. It's cooling now, as its ultimate destiny awaits it this evening

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Contract interview done. Simple enough questions on the technical side - just need to make sure that their expectations of being on site (in Slough, eww) match mine.

Turns out that without warning me the agent has put me into another situation with multiple parties in a chain. I did my best poker face when they mentioned the name of the ConsultancyCo in the chain and not the agency.
            You'll be able to do the "The Office" tour, should some enterprising person have thought of setting one up

Though the office building got knocked down the other year, and there isn't really much else actually in Slough, other than the roundabout. In fact, it should probably just be "The Office Title Sequence" tour

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              You'll be able to do the "The Office" tour, should some enterprising person have thought of setting one up

Though the office building got knocked down the other year, and there isn't really much else actually in Slough, other than the roundabout. In fact, it should probably just be "The Office Title Sequence" tour
              I worked in slough many years ago. It was a concrete wasteland populated only by chavs and their hideous squealing offspring, blowing their giro on Sunny D and a quarter of black.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I believe it's just about time for Friday Fizz.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  I worked in slough many years ago. It was a concrete wasteland populated only by chavs and their hideous squealing offspring, blowing their giro on Sunny D and a quarter of black.
                  When I was working in Slough I caught the train out one evening as I was meeting up with some people after work. I was amused with how many people checked with me they were on the right platform to get the train to London. I've never had this in other places in the SE.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

You need to stop hanging out in the spoons.

There actually some nice restaurants in the villages and Windsor/Eaton/Maidenhead/Marlowe/Ascot.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      You need to stop hanging out in the spoons.

There actually some nice restaurants in the villages and Windsor/Eaton/Maidenhead/Marlowe/Ascot.
                      So places that are not in Slough then?

Comment

Working...
                      X