• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dinner was shepherds pie, with wine*
    ents is aQoS and WILTY, followed by Vera.
    then TBD, as it's friday and i don't have to surface tomorrow until I WANT TO!

*no prizes for guessing what kind.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Entertainment: TBD, possibly "Lost in La Mancha".
      "The Magnificent Seven (1960) with that Yul Brynner chap, Charley Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Steve McQueen, and Eli Wallach.

Now watching "Secret Scotland" with Susan Calman.

Turns out the rifles of the Atholl Highlanders are Lee-Metford which explains why they don't look like the SMLE.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tea tonight has been a pie made with the shin of beef and concomitant gravy I cooked this afternoon, with chips and peas. Very nice it was

Though thinking through the time it took, it probably makes as much sense, if not more, to just buy a Pukka Pie and be done with it

But it did turn out very nicely, and there's a second one that'll make for one or two nice cold lunches

Comment

Yesterday we were able to order a glass of wine and take it to our room. Today we are told the hotel cannot sell any alcohol after 8 pm.

But we did have a very lovely dinner out. HWMBO had goat stewed in red wine and I had pork cheeks. Both slow cook dishes where the meat just falls apart. Delish!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            dinner was shepherds pie, with wine*
            ents is aQoS and WILTY, followed by Vera.
            then TBD, as it's friday and i don't have to surface tomorrow until I WANT TO!

*no prizes for guessing what kind.
            A new series of WILTY?. I hope my iPlayer app has downloaded it for when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              So places that are not in Slough then?

try the SL postcode I don't live in a trumphole! Neither does Liz.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                try the SL postcode I don't live in a trumphole! Neither does Liz.
                Bedford is in the Milton Keynes postcode area, but Bedford is not in Milton Keynes.

Postcode prefixes are vague and arbitrary symbols of the way the GPO envisaged postal deliveries might henceforth be arranged in the 1960s; an epiphenomenon of a lost age when logistics were structured around fifty-year plans of urban development rather than instant re-routing when a bus and a taxi cause a twenty minute holdup when they bump into each other at a roundabout.

Meanwhile, independent of any form of centrally directed planning or appellation, In Slough continues to be In Slough

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Gangs of New York, but I was an hour and ten minutes into it with much more than that to go and it felt like it hadn't even got started yet, so I assumed it wasn't going to and packed it in. Waste of time. I can't even be arsed to look up the IMDb link

So I decided to rewatch Armageddon (1998) instead; at least I know that's worth watching, and indeed it was

And as I was then in full-on rewatch mode, I rewatched Atomic Blonde (2017). It's probably not that long since I last rewatched it, but so what? At least it wasn't Gangs of New York, and it's my telly so I'll watch what I please

Goodnight all

Comment

Ramblings this morning with Anita Rani. Really interesting, and I'll enjoy reading her book when it's published.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X