• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    Latest CovBaby (no 3) turned up last night at 23:27. All home and in bed by 5.

Not quite domestic bliss but all is well here.

congrats just think only another 21 years till I can retire.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

No post from the Chinese as my phone battery was very low

But it was very nice, as always

Busyness: "Not really", though this was said after checking and bagging an order printed out on a bit of till roll a foot long, and followed by explaining to someone on the phone that the driver was running a bit late on his way to them because he had a lot of other orders to deliver

Comment

Entertainment (continued): The bones thing was tedious.

The slaves thing was as expected, the slaves thing, though mostly focused on the slate industry of north Wales, which was funded by slavery in the Caribbean, assorted copper magnates and sommat else which has currently slipped what passes for my mind.

Then it was on to "Grand Theft OAP" with that Bernard "Yosser Hughes" Hill et al.

It proved more depressing than funny so it paused after about half an hour to be viewed at Some Other Time.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home sweet home.

All unpacking done. Much laundry to get on with tomorrow.

HWMBO ordered Korean for dinner.

Comment

Watched the beginning of Strictly and noticed all the audience that were allowed in had black masks. For some reason I found it very funny.

Watched some interesting YouTube clips on how wonderful our government is versus a Prime Minister who won a majority today.

Listening to drivel on the radio.

Apparently HMS Prince of Wales, an aircraft carrier, has been flooded for the 2nd time in the last 5 months. Oddly HMS Queen Elizabeth, the sister ship, has had similar problems. Oh and we have no aircraft to put on them as they arrived late and over budget.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Home sweet home.

All unpacking done. Much laundry to get on with tomorrow.

HWMBO ordered Korean for dinner.
              You're supposed to flee the Plague City, not return to it

Comment

Tonight's first movie premiere was, as predicted, 1917 (2019), which I thought was very good. I was particularly impressed by the various scenes in the trenches and in the craters in no man's land, which are the reason for the vast section of the credits given over to digital artists and software people. I don't mind the credits being ten minutes long when it's because people made stuff rather than just doing accountancy

And then another movie premiere: The Infiltrator (2016), one of those Based on a True Story™ things about a US Customs undercover chap infiltrating Escobar's cartel, starring everybody's favourite Albuquerque meth cook. It's pretty good, I thought; nothing earth shattering, but an interesting story

And finally S3E13, aka the season 3 finale, of The Sopranos, Army of One (TV Episode 2001). I like Dominic Chianese's little showcase in Nuevo Vesuvio (sp?) at the end of this one; he's an excellent singer

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all if all there be

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Colder at 15.8 deg in here.

1023 mBar and 66% RH.

Sunday.