• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we're going to cancel our December ski trip
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, dry, 10°C

The chestnut tree is looking nice and golden, but is also becoming sparser, and the leaves are building up on the ground beneath

Comment

Morning all

Grey, cool and breezy in North Notts.

One meeting down, next in 30 minutes.

Third coffee being consumed.

HogCam footage reviewed.

Bins ( Recycling and Garden waste ) emptied and awaiting recovery.

Call from pimp to ask if I am available for an interview on Friday, which I am.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Tonight's viewing was Hacksaw Ridge (2016), as it ceases to be "Included with Prime" in a couple of days. Excellent film, though the battle scenes on Okinawa are horrific. Second film I've watched this weekend that heavily featured rats chewing on mangled corpses

Amazon have a section on their site listing films that are soon to leave Prime, but it's a bit of a pain to go through as it's (currently) twelve pages with sixteen items per page. I might write a scraper, running on AWS Lambda, to whiz through them and generate an RSS feed once a day, which can then be served from S3; it'd be handy for checking I'm not about to miss anything good

Goodnight all

Yep enjoyed Hacksaw ridge, films like that do restore my faith in humanity (because someone stands up for the right thing).
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            DOOM!!!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Yes.
              Not any more - well, not after Friday

Covid; Wales told to stay home in circuit-breaker lockdown - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                HWMBO thinks our trip with the kinder to Berlin at the beginning of December will have to be cancelled as Scotland is on Germany's dodgy list (quarantine on arrival but they may let you off with a negative test).

He's suggested we go to Cadiz for Christmas (not sure if that's with or without kinder).

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    HWMBO thinks our trip with the kinder to Berlin at the beginning of December will have to be cancelled as Scotland is on Germany's dodgy list (quarantine on arrival but they may let you off with a negative test).

He's suggested we go to Cadiz for Christmas (not sure if that's with or without kinder).
                    By Christmas I expect a trip to your own back garden will require a negative Covid test.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Can still go to Tesco and Morrisons.

Can still walk the walk.

Other than that it doesn't change much for me.

<sits in the armoury checking the cans of gun oil>

In other news:

Trip to Morrisons to buy eggs: tick.

Trip to B&M to buy tarps: tick (not that the roof is going to get done anytime soon at this rate).

Walk walked: tick.

Lovely out there for most of it, though it's clouded over now.

Quite breezy, but it was pleasantly warm earlier.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 October 2020, 12:24.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X