• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Made all the better by NF's interjection to off the timing of the post
    The thing is I never prepare things - it just felt better to "accidently" miss the target
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Entertainment(continued): JFK got himself elected.

Then Sky Arts showed some nonsense about Jimi Hendrix & Handel but it was too odd to bother with.

Michael Caine was in "The Holcroft Covenant (1985)" but it was an hour in.

Earlier he was in "The Billion Dollar Brain" which I watched for the 10 minutes before the roman roads thing came on.

Definitely the weakest of the original 3 films, then again look who directed it.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Just thought I'd have a look at a bit of work that was nagging at me, because I was fairly sure it was almost done but wasn't certain; if I was right, it just needed integrating properly with the spot where it's used, which I figured couldn't take more than half-an-hour, but could (like most things) end up taking much longer.

Turned out I had it even more "done" than I expected, as I just dropped it in and it worked straight off - nearer ten minutes than thirty, including testing

I think I shall celebrate by following SueEllen's excellent example

Comment

The Wife’s (tm) father would have been 91 today. I never met him, but his kids turned out alright. So we raised a glass to him.
          She then pointed out that a former client of hers (they left because it was too much money to spend on “nothing”) have recently lost two patients due to them not knowing what to do.
          Current advice: don’t get sick in Surrey (particularly Central Surrey)... but you didn’t hear it here.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's movie premiere - well, I don't remember seeing it before, so I probably haven't - was The Jackal (1997), very loosely based on The Day of the Jackal. It's serviceable enough as these things go, and on iPlayer so it costs nowt

I noticed that the opening credits said that it was "based on the original screenplay The Day of the Jackal by {whoever wrote that}" and wondered if this was a sneaky way of getting out of having to give a percentage to Frederick Forsyth, on whose book the original was based

So if you ever sell the film rights to a book, make sure the contract covers films based on the film

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I noticed that the opening credits said that it was "based on the original screenplay The Day of the Jackal by {whoever wrote that}" and wondered if this was a sneaky way of getting out of having to give a percentage to Frederick Forsyth, on whose book the original was based

So if you ever sell the film rights to a book, make sure the contract covers films based on the film
              Ah, one of the first IMDb "Trivia" bits: "Frederick Forsyth, who wrote the novel 'The Day of the Jackal', insisted his name be taken off the credits of this film, which is why it is billed as 'based on the screenplay'." Not a fan, then

Comment

Morning.

Dark.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning
                  CBSwFB
                  bright
                  a bit KB
                  Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    The Wife’s (tm) father would have been 91 today. I never met him, but his kids turned out alright. So we raised a glass to him.
                    She then pointed out that a former client of hers (they left because it was too much money to spend on “nothing”) have recently lost two patients due to them not knowing what to do.
                    Current advice: don’t get sick in Surrey (particularly Central Surrey)... but you didn’t hear it here.
                    Does that include Woking and local environs?

Comment

Morning all

It was dark in a sun not fully ris type way when I got up. There seems to be blue sky with some light cloud cover. Currently 13 degrees with a forecast high of 16 later. Slight chance of rain this afternoon/early evening. Barometer up to 1004 mBar.

I slept rather well - too well, I'd say. Went to bed about 2240 and was asleep before the end of 'Bunk Bed', which is a shame as I like Jane Horrocks. Alarm went off at 0700 as usual but I drifted in and out to the Today show until finally coming to at the pre 0800 weather forecast just as it turned itself off again.

Feeling a bit groggy as a result.

First coffee finished, 0900 meeting cancelled so I can enjoy the second one at my leisure.

Comment

Working...
                      X