• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    I hate css..

I did some work for them 10+ years ago. Nice bunch, for Yanks.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked.

Slowly & somewhat painfully in parts (especially coming back down the hill).

Was CBS when I went out but became increasingly overcast as time went on.

CBS again now.

"They" are now firkling about with the fecked up drain at the top of the hill where the pavement tarmac is raised because it's blocked.

From the looks of the drain at the bottom of the hill lots of leaves & suchlike came down with the deluge.

I've cleared said leaves off the grid so that there's some change of water going down it in tomorrow's forecast deluge.

Lunch: Heinz pea and ham soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

And now I've returned from my walk the drilling has started again.

Getting slightly fecking fecked right off with this.

And now we're fecking hammering.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        Pics please
        HogCam - YouTube
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Lunch has been some duck and pork gyoza from the freezer (I did cook them before eating). They're from Itsu and were on offer so worth trying, I thought.

Tasty enough for a snack.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            They all say the videos are private so I can't watch the snufflings

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Odd, it's set to public. I'll poke it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I hate css..
                I know the feeling

Though, really, I don't mind my own CSS as I have a reasonably good understanding of how to use it. The worst thing is having to deal with somebody else's CSS to try to get something to work, as 90% of CSS out there is absolute garbage

This includes frameworks like Bootstrap, which for reasons best known to itself sneaks !important into all kinds of odd nooks and crannies, which is very hard to work around. !important was originally added to CSS for one reason only: to be used in user stylesheets, which in turn exist as an accessibility thing. I'm not sure what browser support for user stylesheets is like these days; Safari allows one to be specified under Preferences->Advanced, but I've got a feeling a number of other browsers stopped supporting them, or hide them away deep in hidden preferences, making them almost impossible to use

And I haven't used the most recent version of Bootstrap, so maybe it's better now. I know Patrick Lauke was contributing to improve its accessibility, including trying to eradicate !important from the codebase. He's a good chap is Patrick.

Comment

And, following much swearing, opera is updated and FB works again (or as working as it ever gets).

Not helped by the incessant fecking drilling next door.

Or me randomly ticking tulipe in a vain attempt to make it work.

I'm sure I used to understand more of this stuff back in the day.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Same here. Maybe a YT cacheing thing?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Same here. Maybe a YT cacheing thing?
                      Poked at it, made everything private, then public again. Hopefully working now.

Comment

Working...
                      X