• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddly I get adverts for S&W and Barrett.

I'm unsure of quite why.

Tea: Chilli con carne with rice, stewed pears sans custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The mince in the chilli was 5% fat.

You can tell that alright.

The mixed pork & beef was rather better in this regard, particularly in terms of flavour, though that might be explained by me cooking it rather more.

Found some old business cards & spent a vaguely inneresting half an hour googling for same.

One of them is a town councillor now.

Whereas I can't find my butty from Cwmbran.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Oddly I get adverts for S&W and Barrett.
      Don't know of those companies but I won't Google them or I'll start getting their ads too.

PS Darn it. The sexy knickers thing didn't work this time, I'm still getting oak cabinets. Have to clear me cache maybe.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 22 October 2020, 17:47.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So I appear to have developed a fascination for Indian Street Food videos on Youtube, more specifically thud involving variations on omelettes and other egg dishes.

This one is just mind boggling.

Khan Omelette Corner At Chandni Chowk, Delhi 6 - YouTube
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          You'll have to speak up, I can't hear over the noise of the hammering next door on the fecking party wall

Just spent wasted half an hour potching about with an LC filter I found (i.e. stole) from the slough of despond junk pile.

Turns out it's a 3kHz low pass 600 ohm LC filter.

Dunno the shape but it's close to being butterworth from the looks of things (judging by the filter calculator thingie I found on the interweb).
          Are you me?

Am I you?

Existential crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Are you me?

Am I you?

Existential crisis.
            I am Spartacus

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              I am Spartacus
              And so's my wife.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Decided to make the switch from Sage One (or whatever they rebranded to) to Xero so I've spent since about 5.30pm tinkering around with setting my new accounts up.

Is it sad that I really enjoy doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Decided to make the switch from Sage One (or whatever they rebranded to) to Xero so I've spent since about 5.30pm tinkering around with setting my new accounts up.

Is it sad that I really enjoy doing this?
                  yep, there's no hope for you now.
                  oh, and i see your pal's back in general.
                  the pompous jockinese presbyterian twat.
                  he's calling me names, i think i want my mammie

Comment

I still need to get this place sorted out so the electric bloke can replace the consumer unit and test all the sockets next week. Progress so far: none

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      I still need to get this place sorted out so the electric bloke can replace the consumer unit and test all the sockets next week. Progress so far: none
                      You should see my office.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of "Landward" on BBC Scotland.

10 minutes of "Wild Shetland" on BBC2. The lonely Arctic Tern turned me off that.

Now reduced to watching "Andromeda" S1 E1 on "HorrorChannel".

It's a long time since I watched that.

It started off reasonably well then went downhill when the writer was sacked & hit rock bottom with S5.

Sewermen at 21:00.

Skin A&E at 22:00.

13 channels of tulip on the tv to choose from.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 October 2020, 21:11.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X