• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

CBS etc. Going to take The Dog (tw) for a walk shortly, then pack The Toy and go for a (hopefully) spirited drive to our other house.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning
      CBSwFB in shiny sarf herts
      Friday.
      at last
      TF

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Oh good.

So as of 18:00 tomorrow for 17 days no one is allowed to sell anything other than "essential items".

No books, dvds, clothes, etc.

Feckwhits.
        Who decides what's essential? Books and DVDs could be considered essential for mental health reasons; clothes are a basic necessity (just not in the quantities most people consume them).

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I keep wondering whether to go for a haircut, just in case. I could get by without for another few weeks, but in a few weeks I might not be able to…
          I would! I have booked in for when my confinement ends.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright out, there's wispy cloud and blue sky at the moment. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 later and cloud cover increasing as the day progresses. Low chance of precipitation. Barometer up a smidge to 1005 mBar.

First coffee has been had.

Comment

Morning all

Damp.

Dark.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dank.

Grey sky.

Sunless.

Warmish at 17.1 deg in here.

1005 mBar and 66% RH.

Friday.

Imprisonment beckons.

Oh, The Toe is complaining A Lot this morning.

Though the blackness has dissipated.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Moderately sunny out, despite the weather app insisting that it's "mostly cloudy". The clouds there are tend more to wispiness rather than being Simpsonesque though. 11°C at the moment and not getting any better than 13° later, though probably more like 12° most of the time

Comment

Morning

Sunny at the moment
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just popped out the back to check the main gate was open for the bins. The Neighbourhood Watch lady was coming down the side road on her way to Iceland, and stopped for a chat which went on for five or ten minutes. All well and good but, not expecting to be out there for more than thirty seconds or so, I was in a t-shirt and it's rather chilly

She saw three dodgy-looking blokes hanging around the back near the cars yesterday from her bedroom window, so she came down and gave them a flea in their ears and told them to sling their hooks. She's about five feet, grey-haired and in her seventies. Can't beat a little old lady for scaring burly geezers off

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Can't beat a little old lady for scaring burly geezers off
                      Yuss.

Sometimes the LOL is tooled up.

You can't be too careful.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts into the WM.

Smalls out of the TD and airing upstairs.

Shirts into the TD and cottons into the WM.

'Tis all go here at the moment.

The greyness has abated slightly and there's signs of blueness to the sky across the valley, there's tidy then, boyo.

Foot is still a bit tender but drugs help.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X